Is there anything more comforting than Spaghetti and Meatballs? This simple recipe is the best version you will ever eat. Enjoy this easy Instant Pot recipe as the best comfort meal or serve is a great family style meal with friends and family.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
This Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe for any occasion. This recipe is super delicious with meatballs filled with herbs and spices. The spaghetti is soft and tender and tastes amazing with this homemade pasta sauce. Your friends and family will love this new recipe. Be sure to serve it with Amish White Bread Recipe and Garlic Butter Spread.
- Italian Bread- This bread will need to be cut into thick slices.
- Water- This water will be used to boil and cook your noodles.
- Egg- You will need to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Panko bread crumbs- These will be mixed in with your meat as a filler.
- Parmesan cheese- You can grate your own fresh parmesan for the best flavoring.
- Parsley-You will need Fresh flat-leaf, snipped fine.
- Olive oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute and vice versa.
- Garlic powder- This will add a wonderful aroma and flavor to your meat.
- Italian seasoning- You will need to make sure that your Italian seasoning is crushed.
- Black pepper- The pepper will be used for taste in this recipe.
- Red pepper flakes- The pepper flakes will add a slightly spicy flavor to the recipe.
- Ground beef- You will need to get beef that is about 80% fat content.
- Ground pork- This will be mixed into the ground beef for a meatier flavor.
- Pasta sauce- You can buy premade sauce or homemade if you have some.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Add the Italian bread into 1/4 cup of water to soak for about 3 minutes. Once done soaking, break up the bread into small pieces.
Add the eggs into a large bowl and beat.
Put the crumbs, soaked Italian bread, onion, cheese, 2 tbsp. of water, oil, parsley, garlic, black pepper, red pepper, and Italian seasoning into the bowl and mix well.
Add in the pork and beef into the bowl. Use either an electric mixer or potato masher to mix in well.
Form your meat into balls, about golf ball size.
Put in 2 tbsp. of oil into your IP. Add in the meatballs and allow them to brown on each side. Take the meatballs out of the IP and wipe away excess grease from the bottom.
Add about half of your pasta sauce into the IP.
Place the cooked meatballs on top of the sauce.
Snap the spaghetti noodles in half before adding on top of the sauce. This will make sure the noodles are not going to stick.
Add the rest of the sauce.
To make sure to get every last bit of sauce from the jar. Add water to fill half the jar and shake, then, add into the IP.
Close the IP lid.
For 7 minutes, cook in the IP on high pressure.
You will release the pressure manually. Take off the lid and gently stir to keep from crushing the meatballs.
What Ground Meats go Into Meatballs?
In this recipe, herbs and spices, as well as bread crumbs, will go into your Spaghetti and Meatballs. However, you can put whatever add-ins you would like. You can add things like onions, peppers, minced garlic, and even different condiments.
Can I Freeze Extra Meatballs?
You can absolutely freeze extra meatballs for this Spaghetti recipe. Wait for the meatballs to cool, and move them to an airtight container or a freezer bag.
More Amazing Pasta Recipes
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 2 slices Italian Bread thick slices, about 3-4 inches
- ¼ c water
- 1 lg egg
- ¼ c Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley snipped fine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning crushed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef about 80% fat content
- 8 oz ground pork1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 32 oz jar pasta sauce or homemade if you have some
- 2 c water
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- parmesan cheese for topping if desired
- Soak the Italian bread in the ¼ cup of water for 3 minutes. After soaking,
- break the bread into small pieces.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl. Add in the bread crumbs, soaked Italian bread
- pieces, chopped onion, parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp. water, olive oil, parsley, garlic,
- black pepper, red pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Mix in the ground beef and ground pork. You can use your electric mixer for
- this or a hand potato masher also works well.
- Shape meat into balls. I made mine about the size of a golf ball.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to your instant pot. Set to saute and brown the
- meatballs on each side. Remove from pot and wipe grease out of the bottom of the pot
- Pour ½ jar of spaghetti sauce into the pot. Lay meatballs on top of sauce.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half. Lay them on top of the meatballs in different directions.
- Pour remaining ½ jar of sauce over top of noodles.
- Fill the sauce jar half full of water. Shake to mix in any sauce that is left in jar.
- Add this water to the top of noodles.
- Seal Instant Pot according to pot directions.
- Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Do a manual fast release. Remove lid, stir carefully to avoid breaking up meatball, and ready to serve.