Do you want a restaurant-style meal in minutes? You can enjoy this amazing Instant Pot Salmon and Rice in no time. This dinner is healthy and delicious. Serve this as a dinner for a special occasion or use it for a simple weeknight meal.
Instant Pot Salmon and Rice
This Instant Pot Salmon and Rice dish is very flavorful for the little ingredients that it needs. The recipe is super simple to follow and you can just let the Instant Pot work its magic and cook the meal for you. The combination of the salmon and rice taste so good and should definitely be written down for the books.
- Salmon filet- you want to get a good quality salmon
- Lemons- You want to be used fresh and sliced thin to give a tangy flavor.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Fresh dill- The amount you use is according to preference.
- Sea salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Garlic- Use fresh garlic and mince your own ingredients or pre-minced.
- Black pepper- This will be added for additional seasoning.
- Rice pilaf mix- You can use any rice of your choice.
How to Make Instant Pot Salmon and Rice
Use a heavy-duty foil and lay it out. Spray evenly with non-stick spray
Lay our 5-6 lemon slices in a vertical line. Add dill on top.
Add the two pieces of salmon on top as well.
Brush on some melted butter or drizzle it on.
Add salt, pepper, garlic, and more dill on top. Add more lemon slices and the lemon and dill can be added according to taste.
Fold the foil and seal closed.
Add water to the IP and place the rice inside the pot in the water.
Add the trivet and set the wrapped salmon on top.
Close your IP and set to 5 minutes.
When its done, leave the salmon for another 5 minutes and then slowly release pressure and take out of the pot and serve.
What’s the Best Salmon to Cook in the Instant Pot?
You can choose whatever salmon you want. All types will taste delicious with your rice and cook just the same. Fresh and frozen also doesn’t matter and will cook the same way and taste just the same.
Do I Cook Rice Pot in Pot?
The best way to cook the rice is in an Instant Pot. This will make your rice fluffy and the perfect consistency. You can cook it in a regular pot, but cooking in an IP saves so much time.
More Delicious Side Dishes
If you are wondering what else to sere with this salmon, you can also try:
- Baked Zucchini Spears
- Easy Funeral Potatoes Recipe
- Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
Instant Pot Salmon and Rice
- 1 lb salmon filet cut into two pieces
- 2 fresh lemons sliced thin
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 bunches fresh dill amount you use is according to preference
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 1 box rice pilaf mix or 4-6 oz. of any rice of choice
- Lay out a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray lightly with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 5-6 slices of lemon in a vertical row on the foil. Place sprigs of the dill on top of the lemon.
- Place the two pieces of salmon on top of the lemon and dill.
- Drizzle or brush the melted butter onto the salmon.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and minced garlic. Add more dill to the top. Top with additional lemon slices. The lemon and dill can all be added according to taste. I like a lot of both.
- Fold the foil up over the salmon and seal all edges.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the rice pilaf mix (or any rice of choice) into the water. Stir to mix.
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot and place the foil-wrapped salmon on top.
- Seal your Instant Pot according to the instructions and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, leave salmon in the pot for an additional 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure and remove to serve.