Black Bean and Corn Salad is the perfect dish to make for summer picnics or a simple side dish. This salad is a light, refreshing and simple to make. This can be served as a healthy main dish or served with chips for a delicious appetizer that everyone will love!
You will also want to try out our Cowboy Caviar. It’s similar, but includes black eyed peas with some other changes.
Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
I love a simple no cook side dish. This black bean and corn salad recipe is so yummy. I like to make this ahead and store it in the refrigerator so that the flavors can meld together. This salad is great to use a summer side dish or make it for a picnic.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Olive oil- This is the base of the dressing for black bean and corn salad
- Red wine vinegar- The vinegar gives the dressing some tanginess.
- Lime juice- The lime juice can be from a fresh squeezed lime or from a lime concentrate.
- Cumin- This gives the salad a smokey flavor that is associated with Mexican flavors.
- Black beans- Make sure the black beans are drained and rinsed well.
- Whole kernel corn- Yellow or white corn can be used.
- Tomatoes- Fresh tomatoes taste best but you can use canned. Drain the canned tomatoes before adding
- Red onion- Cut the onion small for less of a bite
- Parsley – I used parsley in this recipe but you can also use cilantro
- Jalapeño pepper- If you want a milder heat, remove the seeds and ribs before cutting
How to Make Black Bean and Corn Salad
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing of this black bean salad.
The stir in the veggies and beans. Make sure to drain and rinse the black beans.
This salad tastes best when it has had a chance to let the flavors combine.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Veggies?
I like to use canned veggies in my black bean and corn salad, with fresh tomatoes, onions and jalapeno. If you want to use frozen, that would work well too. You can use fresh if you want to cook the veggies and beans first.
What Should I Serve Black Bean Salad?
If you are using this black bean salad as a dip it can be served with tortilla chips. This salad works fantastic as a side dish with any dinner or for a potluck or barbecue. This black bean salad can also be used to make black bean quesadillas, on top of potatoes, used in burrito bowls, and added to pasta. Some people even add it to scrambled eggs or omelets.
Other Easy Recipes You Will Love
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Harvest Pork With Apples
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 19 ounce black beans rinsed and drained well
- 12 ounce whole kernel corn
- 2 cups tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl mix the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Stir in the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and parsley.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.