S’Mores Cheesecake is all the fun of smores in a delicious cheesecake. Made with a graham cracker crust, this chocolate cheesecake is then topped with ganache and marshmallows. The marshmallows are toasted to make this cheesecake absolutely amazing.
Instant Pot S’mores Cheesecake
This Smore’s Cheesecake is simply amazing. It brings together all of your favorite flavors of s’mores in a creamy. delicious cheesecake. This cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot, which takes the hassle out of making cheesecake. Since the Instant Pot uses water to create the pressure, you are already using a water bath. Top this cheesecake with a marshmallow topping and this is the best cheesecake possible.
- Graham crackers– These are for your crust. You can buy the crumbs already made or you can use a food processor to make them yourself.
- Unsalted butter- I always use unsalted butter because it lets me control the salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese – Make sure to let the cream cheese become room temperature. You want to make sure any fats that are used in this cheesecake are room temperature or it can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Sour cream- Make sure the sour cream has come to room temperature before using.
- Sugar– You can not make cheesecake without sugar.
- Cocoa powder – This is the chocolate in the cheesecake
- Eggs – Always use room temperature eggs when making cheesecake.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- You can also use milk chocolate chips
- vanilla- Always use pure vanilla for the best taste
- Heavy whipping cream- Always use heavy whipping cream as part of the ganache
- Mini marshmallows– The mini will work best in this recipe. You can use a flame torch to toast the top if the marshmallows.
How to Make S’Mores Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Start by making the crust. Combine the crumbs and the melted butter. Then press it into the prepared springform pan. Place it in the freezer.
Start making the cheesecake mixture. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until it is smooth and well combined.
Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla.
Add one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl between each addition.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
Cover the pan with foil.
Pour the water into the Instant Pot and then add the trivet.
Place the pan on top of the trivet and set the timer to 35 minutes on high pressure.
When the cheesecake is done, do a 20 minute natural release.
Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation and then place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cheesecake is done cooling, make the ganache by heating the whipping cream until it starts to steam and then pour it over the chocolate chips and then whisk it smooth.
Top with mini marshmallows and then use the torch to toast the marshmallow, or you can broil them for a few minutes.
Do I Have to Use a Springform Pan?
If you do not have a springform pan, you can still make cheesecake. It is harder to get out of the pan, but the cheesecake will still bake up beautifully.
Why is My Instant Pot Cheesecake Lumpy?
Oftentimes, cheesecakes are lumpy because then batter is not smooth. While I mention that you need room temperature cream cheese, sour cream and eggs to help prevent the cheesecake from cracking, you also want room temperature cream cheese because it is softened and then it will create a smooth batter. Also, make sure to add the eggs one at a time, and scrape down the bowl after you have added each one.
More Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Raspberry Cheesecake
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Instant Pot S'Mores Cheesecake
- 2 C crushed graham crackers
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 2 ½ C mini marshmallows
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the graham cracker crumbs
- Press the crust into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
Chocolate cheesecake Directions
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour over the top of the cooled cheesecake and smooth evenly
- Top the mini marshmallows onto the top of the cheesecake
- Use the torch to toast the marshmallows or place into the oven on broiler on low for a few minutes to toast the marshmallows
- Cut and serve!