Taco Pasta in the Instant Pot is one my family’s new favorite dinner meals. With simple ingredients and quick cook time you can get dinner on the table so fast.
We love taco recipes in this house. These fun Walking Tacos in a Jar and spicy Mexican Corn are two of our favorite recipes. Hey, while you’re at it maybe make a Strawberry Mexican Mojito to go along with it! This would be perfect for a Cinco de Mayo dinner.
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Making this Taco Pasta really is very simple to do. First dice up your onion and peppers. I am always screaming from the rooftops that the Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop is a life-changer for this. It’s under $20 and will chop up those veggies so fast. For some reason one of my least favorite thing to do in the kitchen is chopping veggies.
Quick Tip: If you don’t want this recipe to have a kick of spice in it, simply swap out the fire roasted tomatoes for regular tomatoes and leave out the jalapeños.
Cook the beef and onions together first, then the macaroni, water and tomatoes. Next, are the beans and peppers. Lastly, is the frozen corn and the cheese.
New To Instant Pot?
Using an Instant Pot to make dinners like this Taco Pasta really has made life in the kitchen so much easier. This gadget is so helpful! We have made a cheat sheet for you and gathered up our top 15 tips to get you started.
We also have a beginners guide to all those Instant Pot buttons. Once you get them down you’ll realize just how easy it is, even though at the beginning it can seem a bit overwhelming.
Enjoy this yummy meal!
Here are the printable directions for this recipe:
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 box macaroni 16 oz.
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 frozen bag corn 12 oz
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 C Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 C water
- Remove the Instant Pot bowl and drizzle olive oil in it.
- Return the bowl to the Instant Pot and select saute'
- This will allow the oil in the Instant Pot to heat up.
- Add the beef, onion, and garlic to the bowl and cook for about 10 minutes. (Or the meat no longer is the color pink)
- Begin by adding the water, macaroni, tomato paste, and tomatoes.
- Stir to mix.
- Next add peppers, chilies, black beans, kidney beans, taco seasoning salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Stir well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Place the lid on and set to seal.
- Select the High-Pressure setting the timer to cook for five minutes.
- After the end of the five minutes, release pressure.
- Then carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the frozen corn and cheese.
- Select sauté and cook until the corn is warm and the cheese is melted.
- Add the jalapeno and more cheese to the top of the pasta.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Makes 4 servings.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.