I’m excited to share some Instant Pot tips with new users! It’s one kitchen invention that definitely lives up to its reputation. In addition to my tips, I’m going to hook you up with some yummy recipes and a free printable that’ll be your new best friend.
Trust me on the free printable (found below). You’ll use it over and over again. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, we highly recommend you getting one. You can find the best Instant Pots HERE.
But first, take a look at these mouthwatering recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
Pin them to your Instant Pot Pinterest board so you can make them often.
15 Instant Pot Tips
1. First things first. If your Instant Pot sits beneath your kitchen cabinets, you will want to redirect the steam away from them so they aren’t ruined. It’s super easy to do.
Visit your local hardware store and grab a 90 degree PVC elbow that fits the Instant Pot size you have. Most people use either a 1.25″ or a 2″. Your hardware store will be happy to help.
Put it over the release and turn it horizontally. Easy!
2. There are plenty of inventive ways to use your new Instant Pot. For example, you can easily sterilize BPA-free baby bottle tops, nipples and sippy cups. Here’s how to do it.
3. Make gravy like a champion. When your meat has finished cooking, turn it on the saute setting.
4. Freezer meals are perfect for the Instant Pot. Make up a bunch on the weekend with some meat and veggies and you’re all set for the week.
5. Take those freezer meals to the next level by freezing your meals in a round plastic container. It’ll fit right in the shape of the Instant Pot.
6. Beans that used to take hours to soak and cook are quick and delicious in under an hour.
7. Clean your Instant Pot ring with vinegar and hot water to get rid of any smells. (Because it definitely absorbs smells.)
8. Forget the stress of realizing the meat you want to make for supper is frozen. Pop it right in the pot, add water to boil and dial up the cooking time by 50%.
9. You can make popcorn! Turn the Instant Pot to saute and give it 5 minutes to heat up. Add a couple of TBSP of the oil of your choice and make sure it covers the bottom as it melts.
When a drop of water sizzles add 1/2 cup of kernels and stir well with a spatula. Turn it off when you hear that the popping is slowing down and wait until the popping stops before you lift the lid.
10. It’s important to always allow any meat to rest after cooking for at least 5 to 20 minutes. (It depends on the size of the cut.) It’s important so that your meat is juicy and delicious.
11. Your Instant Pot takes 10 minutes to reach pressure. Remember to add that time when you’re figuring out how long a dish will take to cook.
12. Be sure that you always use enough water, but never too much water. That sounds silly, I know, but it’s super important.
If you follow any good recipe you’ll probably be fine. Otherwise, make sure you always have at minimum a cup of water before you cook something.
13. Be mindful of the “keep warm” setting. You may accidentally overcook your food.
14. Keep a handy notebook in your kitchen to jot down what works and doesn’t work for you. You’ll learn new things all the time and it’ll be nice to have a way to remember them.
15. Please never, ever put your Instant Pot on top of your stove unless you want to buy a new one. The internet is loaded with sad stories of people who did.
Don’t Forget Your Free Instant Pot Tips Printable
Print your Instant Pot Cheat Sheet HERE –> Instant Pot Cheatsheet
Have your own rockstar Instant Pot tips? Share them with everyone in the comments!