Mexican Corn in the Instant Pot is a delicious dinner side dish with a kick. This will go perfect with your next Mexican feast.
I am completely obsessed with my Instant Pot. We’ve been making everything from Baby Back Ribs to Strawberry Jam.
If your new IP seems confusing, don’t worry. We are making it easy with these beginner tips and an explanation of all the buttons.
Instant Pot Mexican Corn
I really love all things spicy so this dish is full of jalapeños, peppers, onions and hot sauce. If you aren’t a fan of the heat, you can leave the ingredients out that you don’t like. This will be full of flavor either way.
Your kitchen will smell amazing while you let all these flavors saute in the Instant Pot.
Making Mexican Corn
Can you believe it only takes about a two minutes to cook your corn on the cob in the Instant Pot? It’s crazy how fast this thing cooks!
Once your corn is done, cut it off the cob. Next, you’ll saute your veggies until the onions are translucent.
Add in your corn and the rest of the ingredients and stir. This recipe is complete in about 5 minutes!
Tips for Dicing Your Veggies
To cut your peppers and get the seeds out properly, start at the bottom. Turn the pepper over and cut away from the top, leaving the middle in tact. Do this to the other sides. There’s a great step by step you can see right here.
When you’re ready to dice them, I find it so worth it get the Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop for $18.99. It makes the whole process go super quick and I’m sorry, but I’m just not the best with a knife! Too many close calls for accidentally chopping off a finger.
Here are the printable directions.
Instant Pot Mexican Corn
- 4-5 ears corn on the cob husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 green onions diced
- 2 jalapeños pepper diced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 2 splashes of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbled
Ears of Corn Directions:
- Pour 1 cup of cold water in the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4-5 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at manual for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and Quick Release.
- Open the lid carefully.
Mexican Corn Directions:
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Add the olive oil in the Instant Pot.
- Turn it on to saute.
- Add the red peppers, jalapeños, and onion.
- Stir until the onions turn lightly translucent.
- Add the corn and stir to combine.
- Add the lime juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour your corn mix into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Garnish with additional cheese, salsa, and cilantro.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.