If you are looking for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert, then these Irish Whiskey Brownies have to be at the top of your list. Rich, creamy and delicious, these fudge brownies are topped with an amazing Irish Whiskey frosting. Sure to be a hit, you have to make these brownies for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Irish Whiskey Brownies
This recipe starts out with a basic fudge brownie recipe that by itself is amazing. Then it is topped with this rich chocolate frosting that is taken over the top with your favorite Irish whiskey. One bite and you are going to be craving these fudge brownies all year round.
Important Ingredients You Will Need:
- Fudge brownie mix – or make our popular homemade brownie recipe.
- Unsweetened chocolate and butter
- Powdered sugar
- Half and half
- Irish whiskey
How to Make Whiskey Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make brownies according to directions
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together and stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, half and half, whiskey and vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies.
What is the best Whiskey for this recipe?
The best whiskey to use in these brownies is a brand that you like the taste of. Since this is what is lending flavor to the frosting, if you do not like the taste of the whiskey, you will not like the taste of the frosting. However, if you are looking for a brand because you are not sure what to buy, Jameson is a great tasting Irish Whiskey that most people tend to enjoy.
Are Whiskey Brownies Safe for Kids to Eat?
Oftentimes, when there is alcohol in a recipe, people make sure to cook it out before serving it to others or make sure that children do not eat it. In this recipe, there is 1 tablespoon of whiskey in the entire batch of frosting, which covers 9 brownies. The amount of alcohol in this recipe is minute but it is not cooked out in any way.
Other Delicious Brownie Recipes
Irish Whiskey Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix or Homemade Brownie Recipe
- 1/4 C water
- 2/3 C canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 brownie pan with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, combined all ingredients of the brownie, brownie mix, water, oil and eggs and mix until combined
- Pour batter into brownie pan and bake following the directions on the box
- Once baked set aside to cool off.
- While brownies cool off begin the frosting.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the powdered sugar, half and half, whiskey and vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter, and beat until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!