These Pineapple Whoopie Pies are a fabulous twist on the classic treat. With soft cake like cookies and pineapple cheesecake cream filling, these whoopie pies are a dessert from your childhood with an adult twist.
If you love whoopie pies, you need to try Unicorn Whoopie Pies.
Pineapple Whoopie Pies
While a traditional whoopie pie is a chocolate cake like cookie with a vanilla cream filling, that doesn’t mean you can’t venture out from there. There are so many ways to make amazing whoopie pies that there is no end to the flavor combinations. From decadent to delicious and everything in between, you have to try this pineapple whoopie pies recipe – it’s SO delicious!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Pineapple cake mix or yellow
- Pineapple juice
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Crushed pineapple
How to Make Pineapple Whoopie Pies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. There is also a whoopie pie pan. This takes the guesswork out of the sizing of the cookies, however, you can make the pies without it as well.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, pineapple juice and eggs, using a mixer. Mix well
Drop heaping tablespoons of the cake batter onto the cookie sheet. Place the batter about 3 inches apart
Bake for about 10 minutes on the center rack.
Let the cookies cool and then spread the cream filling over the cookies. Top the whoopie pies with powdered sugar.
How to Make the Pineapple Cheesecake Filling for Whoopie Pies
Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Fold in the pineapple.
Can I Make My Whoopie Pies Different Flavors?
There are so many different ways to change up the flavors in these whoopie pies. You can swap the pineapple for almost any type of fruit to create more fruit flavored pies or you can make them all different flavors of cake, You can different extracts to the batter or the filling to create whatever flavor you like the best.
What’s the Best Way to Store Homemade Pineapple Whoopie Pies?
You want to make sure to store these homemade whoopie pies in the refrigerator. When you are storing these pies, make sure to wrap them well with plastic wrap or put them in an airtight container. I like to wrap each whoopie pie individually, and then store them all together in a larger container or in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator.
Other Pineapple Desserts You Will Love:
Pineapple Whoopie Pies
- 1 box pineapple cake mix Can use yellow if you wish.
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. pineapple juice
- 3 large eggs
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 stick 4 oz. butter (softened)
- 8- oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. powdered sugar + extra for dusting tops.
- ½ c. crushed pineapple drained well
Instructions for cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, use your mixer to combine cake mix, oil, pineapple juice and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheet, keeping them about 3 inches apart.
- Bake on center rack of oven approx. 10 min. or until browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan on baking rack.
- After cooled, spread cream filling (recipe follows) heavily on half of the cookies. Place remaining cookies on as tops and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Instructions for Filling:
- Cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple.