If you are looking for a delicious chicken recipe, then you should try Marry Me Chicken. It’s flavorful and cheesy, waking up your tastebuds. This super simple dinner recipe will be a new family favorite.
Marry Me Chicken
As you can tell from the name, Marry Me Chicken is a showstopper. The sun dried tomatoes add so much flavor and texture to the creamy sauce. Plus, the kick from the red pepper flakes? Just talking about it is making my mouth water. This is my version of the viral Tiktok marry me chicken pasta recipe that is sure to win over the heart of your significant other and encourage a proposal.
Watch The Recipe Video!
This is the best chicken dinner I have ever made for my family. It covers so many of our favorite things (mainly cheesy and creamy), and can be served in various ways. Serve over pasta, rice, or with your choice of veggies. You can’t go wrong!
If you find yourself craving this meal, but you don’t want to stand in front of your stove, don’t worry! You can make Crockpot Marry Me Chicken instead!
What You’ll Need
These are the ingredients needed to make the best marry me chicken recipe. It may seem like a lot, but most of these things are seasonings that you likely have on hand, plus staples like butter and olive oil that are also used often in cooking.
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless skinless and sliced into cutlets. You can do this yourself or buy cutlets.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is best for coating the chicken.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic: 3 cloves minced or 1-½ tablespoons of pre-minced.
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated or shredded. You can do this yourself or buy it prepackaged. I find the cheese incorporates better if you grate it yourself.
- Red Pepper Flakes: This adds a little kick.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: You can buy these whole or already chopped.
- Basil: Fresh leaves chopped for an optional garnish.
How to Make Marry Me Chicken
This recipe is made all in one skillet! You brown the chicken and use the drippings left behind to add even more flavor to the sauce! It’s so good.
- Prepare the Chicken. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on each side. Then, coat in the flour and be sure to shake off the excess.
- Heat the Butter and Oil. Heat your skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil and heat until the butter is melted.
- Brown the Chicken. Add your chicken breasts to the skillet and brown each side for 4-5 minutes. Ensure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add Garlic. Add the garlic to the skillet and saute until fragrant, which should take about 1 minute.
- Pour in Broth. Slowly add the chicken broth and stir to loosen any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add Cream and Cheese. Lower the heat to medium-low. Add in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Mix well and let it simmer for about 3 minutes to thicken.
- Season. Add oregano and thyme to the sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Tomatoes and Return Chicken. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and return the cooked chicken to the sauce. Simmer for about 3 more minutes.
- Garnish and Serve. Top with fresh basil, and enjoy over rice or pasta!
- As previously mentioned, you can serve this over rice or your favorite pasta! My favorites are penne, rotini, or fettuccine!
- If you want some veggies, I suggest broccoli or asparagus. Potatoes are technically a starch, but you can still pair this recipe with Oven Roasted Potatoes.
- Olive Garden Breadsticks or French Bread are great options for sopping up the extra sauce!
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftover marry me chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Tips for the BEST Marry Me Chicken Recipe
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese is better than store bought grated parmesan cheese and we highly recommend it. It takes just minutes to grate your own cheese and definitely worth it.
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts? Sure! You can replace chicken breasts with thighs, which might effect the cooking time.
- Add some oil from the sundried tomatoes over the chicken for even more flavor!
More Chicken Recipes to Try
- Southern Smothered Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
Marry Me Chicken
- 3 each large boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons all‐purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then completely cover with flour and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil on medium heat making sure the pan is coated.
- Brown the chicken for 4‐5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through (work in batches if needed). Transfer onto a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Saute the garlic for a minute. Add the chicken broth, and scrape any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to mix in.
- On medium‐low heat, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for 3 minutes, then season with red pepper flakes, thyme, and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste), add sundried tomatoes then put the chicken back in the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for 3 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.