This rich and creamy Kahlua Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any occasion! The coffee liqueur gives the cheesecake a delicious flavor that is balanced by the sweetness. The chocolate ganache top is the perfect finishing touch to this decadent no bake cheesecake!
Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
This no-bake Kahlua cheesecake recipe is easy to follow and will result in an amazing dessert that you will love. The rich flavor of Kahlua combined with the creamy texture of the cheesecake is perfection. Be the hit of your next party by serving this delicious cheesecake dessert!
- Oreo Cookies – This is for making the crust. You can also use other chocolate cookies.
- Cream Cheese – Always make sure you are using softened cream cream cheese.
- Heavy Cream- While some cheesecake recipes can use other types of cream or milk, this recipe must be made with heavy cream.
- Kahlua- Coffee can be used to make this a nonalcoholic version. You can also use other coffee liqueur
How to Make Kahlua Cheesecake
Process the cookies and butter to make the crust. Place it in the bottom of a 7 inch spring form pan and place it inside the freezer.
Whip together the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks. Beat in the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Kahlua and powdered sugar.
Remove the pan from the freezer and add the cheesecake batter. Place it back in the freezer overnight.
Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream to make the ganache. Remove the cheesecake and pour it over the top of the cheesecake, while it is still in the pan. Place it back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
While it is in the freezer, make the frosting. Beat together the frosting ingredients. Once it has reached the right consistency, place it in a pastry bag. Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and decorate it using the frosting. Add sprinkles and place the kahlua cheesecake bake in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
Want to make this a nonalcoholic cheesecake? You can swap the Kahlua for freshly brewed coffee. This will give you almost the same flavor as making it with Kahlua, although there is a slight difference.
I am using Oreos for the chocolate cookies, but you can use whatever type of chocolate cookies you like.
Frosting – you can sub our easy homemade whipped cream recipe in place of the frosting.
Is No Bake Kahlua Cheesecake Stored in the Freezer or Refrigerator
While most cheesecake is stored in the refrigerator, the way this no bake cheesecake is made, you will keep it in the freezer. Before you are ready to serve it, you will want to remove it for about 10 minutes to let it thaw enough to eat.
More Cheesecake Recipe
- Strawberry Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
- No Bake Orange Cheesecake
- 4th of July Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Pop Tart Cheesecake (No-Bake)
Kahlua Cheesecake (No-Bake)
FOR THE CRUST:
- 20 Oreo Cookies crushed into crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 32 ounce Cream Cheese Softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips melted
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream more if needed – see instructions
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 4 – 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Sprinkles or jimmies to top
- Place the Oreo’s in the Food Processor and pulse into crumbs. Melt the Butter in a medium size bowl, and pour the Oreo Cookie Crumbs into the Butter and stir well to coat. Line the Bottom of a 7 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the Crumbs into the bottom of the pan, evenly, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Place the pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Heavy Cream, Sugar, and Vanilla, and whip with the Whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, and the Cream is whipped. Add the Cream Cheese, and blend until smooth and fluffy. Add the Kahlua, and Powdered Sugar, and mix on low until blended, then turn mixer up to medium high speed, and mix until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the Cheesecake Batter into the pan, and smooth out the top. Place the pan back in the freezer, overnight for best results. After the Cheesecake has been in the freezer overnight, make the Ganache: In a microwave safe bowl, place the Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips, and the Heavy Cream. Place the bowl in the microwave, and melt the Chocolate for about 1 minute, stopping every 15 seconds to stir the mixture. If it appears the Chocolate is thick, simply remove from the microwave, and add a few drops of the Heavy Cream (about 4 or 5 drops at a time) and stir until the Chocolate is thinner, and you can stir it with ease. It will look glassy, or glossy, and it’s ready to pour. Remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer, and leave the Spring-form on the pan. Pour the melted Ganache on top of the Cheesecake, and place the Cheesecake back in the Freezer for about 30 minutes. While the Ganache sets up, make the Frosting.
- In the mixing bowl, add the softened Cream Cheese and Butter, and blend with the whisk attachment until completely smooth and creamy. Add the Heavy Cream, and Vanilla, and mix until blended smooth. Add the Powdered Sugar a cup at a time, and blend on low between additions. Scrape down the Mixing bowl as needed. Check the Frosting when you’ve added 4 cups; if the Frosting remains on a spoon when turned upside down, and doesn’t slide off the spoon, or move, it’s thick enough to pipe. If it slides off the spoon, add the 5th cup of Powdered Sugar, and blend on low. When the Frosting is thick, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend on high for about 30 seconds, until the Frosting is smooth and creamy. Fill a Pastry bag with the Frosting, using the large star tip.
- Remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer, and make sure the Ganache is firm to the touch. If it’s not firm, place back in the Freezer for another 30 minutes. When the Ganache is set, remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer, and remove the Spring-form from the Pan. Pipe the Frosting in big dollops all around the edge of the Cheesecake, bringing the dollops up to a point, using a swirling motion. Sprinkle Chocolate Sprinkles (or Jimmies) on top of the Frosting, and Cheesecake to finish. Place back in the Freezer until time to serve.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Freezer about 10 minutes before serving, and allow to thaw just a bit. Cut in two to three inch pieces, serve, and Enjoy!