No Bake Orange Cheesecake
This No Bake Orange Cheesecake is so easy to make, it’s practically a crime! All you need is a few simple ingredients. The orange cheesecake filling is light, fluffy, and perfectly tart. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion!
Orange Marmalade Cheesecake for a simple no-bake dessert
The Orange Marmalade Cheesecake is delicious. The Orange cake crust is to die for, and the cheesecake itself is creamy and thick. It looks fantastic when served or on a dessert table. It’s sure to be a hit whether you’re serving it after a wonderful dinner or brunch. The tastes marry so well together that everyone will enjoy.
What You Need to Make Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Orange Cake Mix- You want to use an orange cake mix for the crust of this cake. While other flavored cake will work, if you want the best flavor for the crust of the cheesecake, I recommend that you use orange cake.
- Orange Juice- This is one more way that you are bringing in the orange flavor to the cake. Make sure it is orange juice and not just a flavored orange drink.
- Orange Marmalade- Orange marmalade brings this cake over the top.
What if I Can’t Find Orange Cake Mix
If you can’t find orange cake mix, you can use any flavor of cake mix and any flavor of juice for this recipe. You can also use vanilla cake with orange extract or use extra orange juice in the place of water.
How to Make No Bake Orange Cheesecake
Step 1- Prepping the Pan.
Use parchment paper to line the bottom of a 7-inch Spring-form pan and set it aside.
Step 2- Orange Cake Batter.
Add the orange cake mix, egg, milk, and oil into a mixing bowl and combine at low speed. Switch the speed to high and combine for another minute while using a spatula to scrape the sides and combine again.
Step 3- Baking.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to check the doneness of the cheesecake by placing it in the middle and if it comes out clean, it’s done. Take the cheesecake out of the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Step 1- Making the Batter.
Add the cream cheese into the bowl of a standing mixer and combine until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the mixing bowl, then pour in the vanilla and orange juice and combine again. Pour in the heavy cream and mix again until thick.
Step 2- Thickening.
A little at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine after each addition until thick and creamy.
Step 3- Adding to the Pan.
Make sure the springform is cool to see if the cake is cool and if not, set it in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. Take the pan out of the freezer and add the cheesecake batter on top of the orange crust.
Use a spatula to evenly spread and top with dollops of the orange marmalade in the middle of the cheesecake. Use a knife to swirl the marmalade an inch or so into the batter and over top of the cheesecake.
Step 4- Freezing.
Set the cheesecake overnight in the freezer for the best results.
Step 1- Prepping the Frosting.
Make the frosting before you serve the cheesecake, and decorate the cheesecake. Place the frosting into the fridge or freezer until you are ready to serve. In the mixing bowl of a standing mixer, add the softened cream cheese, and room temperature butter and beat until combined until smooth and creamy. (Softening the ingredients in the microwave will give the frosting an entirely different consistency)
Step 2- Consistency.
Pour in the vanilla and heavy cream until combined. A little at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine after each addition until thick and creamy, and all of the powdered sugar is used.
Step 3- Frosting the Cheesecake.
Add the frosting into a pastry bag with a large whipping cream tip (see link) and begin adding dollops of frosting on the edge of the cheesecake all around.
Step 4- Garnish.
Slice the orange in halves or in quarters and place it on top of the frosting.
Step 5- Serving.
Slice the cheesecake into 2-inch pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Can I Make Them into Mini No-Bake Orange Cheesecakes?
Yes, you can make them into mini no-bake orange cheesecakes. Just use a mini pan dessert cups and divide the ingredients accordingly. The baking time may vary so keep an eye on them!
More No-Bake Cheesecake Desserts
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Starburst Jello Cheesecake (No Bake)
- No Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- Lucky Charms Cheesecake (No Bake)
No-Bake Orange Cheesecake
- Stand Mixer
- Piping bag
- Piping tip – Whipped Cream Tip – See link
- Spring-form pan
- Parchment paper
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup Orange Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Oil
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 4 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 heaping Tbsp Orange Marmalade see instructions
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Ripe Orange cut into slices to decorate or garnish the top
- Line the bottom of a 7-inch Spring-form pan with Parchment Paper, and set it aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Orange Cake mix, Egg, Milk, and Oil, and mix on low speed until all ingredients are mixed. Turn the mixer on high speed and mix for a minute. Scrape down the sides, and mix again.
- Pour the cake batter into the Spring-form pan.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the vanilla and orange juice, and mix to blend. Add the Heavy Cream, and mix until thick.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time, mixing between additions until well blended, and the Cheesecake batter is thick and creamy.
- Check the Spring-form pan to see if the cake is cool – if the cake is still warm, place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the Cheesecake Batter into the pan on top of the Orange Crust.
- Smooth out the top with a spatula, and place dollops of the Orange Marmalade in the center of the Cheesecake, and swirl the Orange Marmalade into the Batter about an inch or so down into the batter, and across the top of the Cheesecake.
- Place the Cheesecake in the Freezer, overnight for best results.
- Before the time to serve the Cheesecake, make the Frosting, and decorate the top of the Cheesecake; You can do this early so the Cheesecake is ready to serve when you need it; then just keep it in the refrigerator, or in the freezer until serving time.
- Place the Cream Cheese, and Butter in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer – make sure you let the cream cheese and the butter soften to room temperature – if you try to soften in the microwave the Frosting will not have the same consistency as room temperature softened. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Vanilla and Heavy Cream, and mix until blended.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time, mixing between additions, until all the powdered sugar is added, and the Frosting is thick and creamy.
- Remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer. Place the Frosting in a Pastry bag with the large Whipping Cream Tip (See Link) and pipe fluffy dollops all around the edge of the Cheesecake.
- Garnish the Frosting with Orange slices cut in half – or in quarters.
- Cut the Cheesecake into two-inch pieces to serve. Enjoy!