Put down your car keys and rest easy knowing that you can make KFC right in your kitchen. This amazing KFC Bowl Casserole is all the best ingredients that this popular restaurant has to offer in one big dish. It includes popcorn chicken, mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, chicken gravy, and corn.
Popcorn Chicken Bowl Casserole
I love making this dish for my family when they are itching for some good food. Instead of the kids asking for take-out, they ask me to make this for dinner. It is super addicting to make! You only need 5 ingredients to make it and follow along with quick and easy steps. Very similar to our Homemade KFC Bowls, but in casserole form.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Vegetables: You will need boxed, homemade, or store-bought mashed potatoes and frozen corn.
Chicken: It’s best to use Perdue Frozen popcorn chicken and prepare them according to the directions on the package. You will also need jar-prepared chicken gravy for more flavoring and extra to serve if desired.
How To Make KFC Bowl Casserole
Step 1. Set the oven to 375 degrees and use nonstick cooking spray to grease a baking dish. Spread the mashed potatoes on the base of the baking dish evenly. Sprinkle the corn on top. Next, add the chicken on top before sprinkling it with a layer of cheese.
Step 2. Place in the oven for 20 minutes to bake or until the cheese melts. Add the gravy on top and leave uncovered. Bake for an additional 5 minutes and put more cheese if desired. Serve hot and enjoy.
Variations For KFC Casserole:
You can use the options below to switch up the recipe to your liking.
- Instead of mashed potatoes, you can use potato wedges, shredded potatoes, sliced potatoes, and even sweet potatoes.
- You can leave it in the corn or take it out and add your favorite veggie.
- Popcorn chicken is the best for that authentic restaurant chicken but unbreaded chicken bites can work too.
- You can use your favorite cheese.
- Serve with extra gravy and top with fresh parsley or green onions if desired
Tips & Tricks
- Place leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- This will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
- To reheat, cook in the oven or microwave.
More Restaurant Recipes:
KFC Bowl Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the corn over the mashed potatoes. Add the popcorn chicken over the corn, and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted, pour the gravy over the casserole and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes. (add more shredded cheese if desired)
- Serve hot and enjoy!