Alice Springs Chicken (Outback Copycat)
If you have ever gone to any popular restaurant to eat, then you have probably wanted to have the recipe for a variety of different things. Well, this Alice Springs Chicken (Outback Copycat) is the recipe for you as it is almost an exact match from the original Outback recipe.
Alice Springs Chicken (Outback Copycat)
This Alice Springs Chicken recipe is so good! The chicken comes out so juicy and tender and has all the seasonings to make it super flavorful. This recipe is great for lunch or dinner with the family, you and your loved ones are sure to fall in love and share this recipe with other people you know that love Outback. As much as copycat recipes are delicious having any chicken recipe is a must, so feel free to try out this delicious Garlic Parmesan Chicken or Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon.
- Chicken- You will need boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Bacon- You will need these to be cooked and sliced.
- Mushrooms- You will need these sliced as well.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pepper- This will be added for taste.
- Cheese- You will need Colby jack cheese.
- Parsley- You will need fresh and chopped parsley for garnish.
- Honey- This will be an added sweetener.
- Mustard- You will need course ground mustard for this recipe.
- Mayonaise- This used to coat the chicken.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
How to Make Alice Springs Chicken
Set the oven to 400 degrees and use pam to grease a 9×13 or larger baking dish.
Add all the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Spread half the sauce onto the chicken and put it into the fridge to marinate for an hour.
Add the mushrooms with a tbsp of butter into a large pan to saute until browned and fully cooked. Set it aside.
Put the rest of the butter into the pan and melt it. Add the marinated chicken into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until brown and seared.
Put the cooked chicken into the prepared pan and add a spoonful of the sauce to each chicken breast. (Save some sauce on the side for serving).
Then, add some mushrooms on top along with the chopped bacon.
Then, add some cheese on top.
Put into the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the temperature inside reaches 165 degrees.
Top the finished chicken with chopped parsley and serve right away with some of the reserved sauce on the side for dipping.
What is Alice Spring’s Chicken?
This Alice Spring’s Chicken is a copycat of the chicken dish from Outback Steakhouse. The chicken is marinated and sauteed with honey and mustard sauce in a pan. Then the chicken is placed in the oven to cook for another 15 minutes until its fully cooked.
How do you store leftovers for Alice Springs Chicken?
Storing your chicken correctly is important and you will want to use the correct container. To store your chicken recipe, you will need to place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Doing this will allow the recipe to stay fresh and ready to eat for up to 3-4 days.
More Chicken Recipes:
ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN (OUTBACK COPYCAT)
- cooking spray
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cooked bacon slices
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
For the sauce:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coarse ground mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a 9x13 or large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a large pan saute the mushrooms in a tablespoon of butter until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan to melt. Brown the marinated chicken breasts in the butter, cooking for 4-5 minutes per side to sear the chicken.
- Add the seared chicken to the bottom of your baking dish. Spread a spoonful of the sauce over each chicken breast (reserve any remaining sauce for serving), followed by a layer of cooked mushrooms, chopped bacon, and a layer of shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately with the reserved sauce for dipping. Enjoy!