These Macaron Cookie Monster Cookies have got to be the cutest cookie EVER! These macarons are such a fun and delicious treat for your little Sesame Street fans and adults love these as well!
Macaron Cookie Monster Cookies
Although these adorable Cookie Monster Cookies might look complicated, these really aren’t that difficult to make. Macarons are pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it. You just have to make sure you get the right textures for the perfect outcome.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Egg White
- Powdered Sugar
- Almond Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Candy Eyes
- Miniature Chocolate Chip Cookies
How To Make Cookie Monster Macarons
Mix the Almond flour and confectioners’ sugar together until thoroughly combined and fine in texture. Then beat 3 room temperature egg whites until stiff peaks form. Make sure the egg whites are at room temperature. I would suggest leaving the egg whites out for a few ours before starting.
Lightly beat the sifted sugar into the egg whites then fold in the almond flour/confectioners’ sugar mixture. Slow folds. The batter will be thick, off-white and glossy. Add in the blue food coloring. You will want a bright and vibrant blue and note that the color does dull a bit when finished baking. Gently fold in the blue gel food coloring.
Add the mixture into a piping bag and squeeze onto a silicone baking mat making sure they are the same size. You can use parchment paper, but a silicone mat works the best.
The cookies take around 10 minutes in the oven. Allow them to cool, then add the filling, candy eyes and miniature chocolate chip cookies.
Other Sandwich Cookies
- Peanut Butter S’mores Sandwich Cookies
- Reese’s Sandwich Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Macaron Cookie Monster Cookies
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- blue gel food coloring
- candy eyes
- miniature chocolate chip cookies Cookie Crisp Cereal works well
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift the almond flour and icing sugar. Mix it well with a spatula.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites on low speed using an electric mixer until it is white and frothy (approximately 1 minute).
- Gradually add the sugar teaspoons at a time. When the first addition of sugar has completely dissolved (approximately 1 minute later), increase the mixer speed to medium and add until all the sugar has been incorporated. At this point, incorporate the blue food coloring (please note that the color might be less vibrant after baking, so slowly add more until you get your desired color. Gel coloring is recommended as the colors are more vivid.) Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the meringue to the sifted ground almond flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold and mix until you get a molten-like mixture and drips down like a ribbon when lifted.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag with a round tip and pipe out equal sized circles (Approximately 1 inch) on parchment paper or a baking mat placed on a baking pan.
- After piping, knock the bottom of the pan against a flat surface to get rid of air bubbles.
- Let the outer shells dry for approximately 30 minutes in an air-conditioned room. You should be able to touch it gently with the tip of your finger without it sticking.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes. Let cool completely.
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy – about 2 minutes. Add 4 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, the heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat until fully blended. Add up to 1/2 cup more confectioners’ sugar if frosting is too thin or another Tablespoon of cream if frosting is too thick.
- On one side of the macaron shell, pipe the filling. On the other, squeeze a bit of filling on one corner of the shell. This will be the "glue" that holds the mini cookie and macaron shells together.
- Sandwich the mini cookie and filling between two macaron shells.
- Add a two dots of the filling on top and press on the candy eyes.
- Press a miniature chocolate chip cookie in between both cookies.
- Serve and Enjoy!