This Heart Shaped Cookie Cake recipe is perfect whenever you want to make a special dessert. This Heart Cake is so cute. It is the best combination of cookie flavor in a cake form. Topped with frosting, this is an easy heart cake idea.
Want another heart cake idea? Make these Heart Shaped Valentine Worm Cupcakes with Free Printable!
Heart Shaped Cookie Cake for Valentine’s Day
Cookie cakes are something that the kids go crazy for. It is a chocolate chip based cookie recipe that has chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and M&Ms. It is topped with some frosting for decoration. This heart cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day and can be a fun way to bring the I Love You Theme to dinner.
Can I Use Different Cookie Flavors?
Absolutely. You can make this cookie in any flavor you like. You can try:
- Make a strawberry flavored cookie to have a pink dough.
- Use sugar cookie dough.
- Make a batch of Snickerdoodle dough.
- Make a peanut butter cookie and use Reese’s Pieces instead of MMs
How Should I Decorate My Heart Cookie Cake?
The great thing about this heart cake is you can top it with anything. You can add fresh fruit. Cool Whip frosting instead of traditional frosting. You can add more candies around the edges. The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Red and White M&M’s
- Pink and white heart sprinkles
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make a Valentines Cookie Cake
Start with a preheated oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch heart shaped pan with baking spray.
Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Fold in the chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and M&Ms.
Press the cookie batter into the heart pan and sprinkle the heart shaped sprinkles over the top.
Bake the heart cake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the sides are lightly browned.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Next make the frosting while the cookie heart cake is cooling.
Using a mixer, beat together all of the frosting ingredients except for the food coloring.
Mix until the frosting is well combined and is smooth with stiff peaks.
Beat in a few drops of the pink coloring until it is well combined.
Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and pipe frosting along the edge of the cake. Then add more sprinkles.
Cut and enjoy!
Cookie Heart Cake Recipe
- ¾ C unsalted butter softened
- ¾ C light brown sugar packed
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ C semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 ½ C Red and White M&M’s
- ½ C pink and white heart sprinkles
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 1 1/2 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- Pink and White heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9in heart shaped baking pan with Pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy and smooth
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until combined
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and M&Ms
- Press batter into the heart pan
- Sprinkle the pink and white heart sprinkles on top
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the color until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Beat in a few drops of the pink coloring until combined
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe frosting along the edge of the cookie cake and top with some more sprinkles
- Cut and enjoy!