Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are the dessert you need in your life! These Sandwich cookies soft and chewy with a delicious maple cream cheese filling.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
These Sandwich cookies are so delicious and easy to make. This recipe will be ready in no time and come out with crunchy, slightly chewy cookies filled with a super tasty maple buttercream filling. Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies are great for any occasion and even better when you serve them along with this amazing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake and these Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Peanut Butter– Use smooth or crunchy peanut butter for this recipe.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– Use this to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt– Use this to bring the flavors out in the recipe.
- Baking Soda– Use this to allow the ingredients to double.
- Cream Cheese– Use this softened or at room temperature.
- Syrup– You will need maple syrup for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best icing.
How to Make Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
To start, add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine until smooth and combine.
First, put in the peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
Secondly, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into another bowl and combine.
Thirdly, a little at a time add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl and combine while using a spatula to scrape the excess batter off the bowl until smooth.
Next, begin rolling the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
In addition, dip the ends of a fork in sugar and press gently into a criss-cross pattern onto the cookies. (Continue until all the batter is used)
Furthermore, set the oven to 350 degrees and place the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges are light brown and crunchy on the bottom.
Afterward, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Maple Cream Cheese Filling:
To begin, add the butter, and cream cheese to the bowl of a standing mixer and combine until smooth and creamy.
First, pour in the maple syrup and combine using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl, then combine again.
Secondly, a little at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine after each addition until thick and creamy.
Thirdly, add the mixture into a pastry bag using a medium-sized fluted tip.
Next, match the cookies to their size partners on a piece of parchment paper.
In addition, pipe the filling onto the flat side of the cookie in a swirl motion, then add another cookie on top with the criss-cross side facing up.
Finally, continue to make until all the sandwiches are made.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Kind Of Peanut Butter Is Best?
You can use your choice of peanut butter. It is best to use smooth peanut butter, but crunchy peanut butter works too. You can use your favorite brand of peanut butter.
How To Freeze Peanut Butter Cookie Dough?
You will first need to place the cookie dough into an airtight container. You can use a Ziploc bag as well to freeze the cookie dough. Make sure to label your cookie dough if you plan to make it later on.
More Peanut Butter Recipes:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake
PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH COOKIES
- 1 cup of butter - softened
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter - smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar - firmly packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
Maple Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 Tablespoons of butter - softened
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese - softened
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, and Eggs, and mix until smooth and well blended.
- Add the Peanut Butter and mix until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Baking Soda, and stir well until completely combined.
- Add the Flour Mixture to the Mixing bowl, a little at a time until all the flour is added, and well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
- Remove the mixing bowl, and roll the Cookie dough into small, 1" balls, and place on a Parchment lined Cookie Sheet.
- When the Cookie Sheet is full of the Cookie dough balls, dip the Tines of a Fork in Sugar, and make a criss-cross pattern on the top of the cookies, pressing them down lightly with the fork. Repeat until all Cookie dough has been used.
- Place the Cookies in the Oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, and the cookies are crunchy on the bottom.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Butter, and Cream Cheese, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Maple Syrup, and mix well. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and mix again.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time, mixing between additions, until all the Powdered Sugar has been added, and the filling is thick and creamy.
- Place the filling in a Pastry bag with a medium-size fluted tip.
- Lay the cookies on a piece of Parchment paper, in pairs.
- Pipe the filling onto the inside, or flat side of a cookie, with a swirl motion, making sure to pipe at the edge of the cookie, so the fluted filling is visible.
- Place another cookie, flat side down on top of the filling, so that the 'criss-cross' top is showing on the top of the Cookie sandwich.
- Continue until all the cookie sandwiches have been filled. Serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.