Easter cookies with malted eggs inside are so yummy! These are the perfect Easter treat to make and take to family gatherings.
We love these candies so much. You know the milk chocolate covered in a candy shell? It’s always been one of my favorite Easter candies. We put them in our Easter Cookie Cake, too, which is delicious. If Cadbury eggs are your thing, check out our Cadbury Cookies!
Malted Egg Easter Cookies
This cookie recipe is a pretty simple one. You’ll use your basic chocolate chip cookie ingredients like sugar, butter and eggs. But we have one extra special ingredient that makes it fun: crushed malted Easter eggs.
Tip: This is a fun part for the kids to do. Smash candy in a plastic bag!
When your warm cookies come out of the oven, add extra egg candies on top. They melt a little bit into the cookie.
Tips for Delicious Easter Cookies
Tip #1: Use real butter, not margarine.
Tip #2: Make sure that butter is softened, but not melted.
Tip #3: Use a knife to evenly level off your dry ingredients to ensure you use the exact right amount.
Tip#4: Take your cookies out as soon as they start to brown around the edges. They will continue to cook some while sitting on the pan to cool.
Malt Egg Easter Cookies
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C crushed malted egg candies
- Extra malted egg candies for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper..
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. With your electric mixer beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture beating as it is being added.. Stir in morsels and crushed malted candies.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepped baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes. (or until golden brown.)
- Add whole malted egg candies to the top of the warm cookies.
- Push the candies slightly into the cookie.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookie to a wire rack to cool completely.