Margarita Truffles are the delicious summer treat you need in your life. Filled with creamy margarita centers with tequila and covered in graham cracker crumbs.
These margarita truffles are so tasty and easy to make. This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients to make it. It is such a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. These can be ready in just minutes for a quick and simple recipe. You will want these all the time, they are that good!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is a huge help for the consistency of the recipe. It will help get that smooth and creamy texture.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is great as a thickening agent, but also for helping smooth out the consistency even more. The truffles are meant to melt in your mouth!
Lime Zest: I love using lime zest to add a slight tang to the flavor of the truffles.
Tequila: You can use whatever tequila you have on hand!
Graham Crackers: The truffles will be rolled into crushed graham crackers.
How To Make Margarita Truffles
Step 1. Place the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, tequila, and chocolate chips into a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 1 m 30s before combining with a whisk. Put it back in for an additional minute and combine until fully melted.
Step 2. Use cling wrap to cover the mixture and chill in the fridge to firm up. Scoop out some truffles using a tablespoon and use your hands to roll them into a ball.
Step 3. Crush up some graham crackers and roll the truffles into them to coat. Continue until all the truffle batter has been used.
Step 4. Serve right away or store for later. Enjoy!
How Long Does Margarita Truffles Last?
Truffles will last about 2 weeks if stored properly in the fridge. They will last only a few days at room temperature before the flavor of the truffles begins to fade.
How To Store Margarita Truffles?
Place the truffles into an airtight container for the best storage method or in a Ziploc bag. These can be stored in the fridge or freezer, however, if you want them to last longer. Store them in the freezer and thaw when ready.
More Truffle Recipes:
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp lime zest
- 2 ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp tequila
- 1 Tbsp butter unsalted, softened
- 2 cup graham crackers crushed
- Using a large bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, lime zest,tequila and chocolate chips
- Place into the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds before whisking
- Place back into the microwave for another minute and whisk again until melted and smooth
- Cover with cling wrap and place into the fridge and allow to firm up
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out some truffles and roll them into a ball
- Roll the truffle into the crushed graham cracker
- Repeat until all truffle batter has been rolled into little balls