Check out these Peppermint Bark Cookies. Chewy chocolate cookies, topped with melted white chocolate and candy canes. Too tasty not to make at home.
Peppermint Bark Cookies
You’re going to love these peppermint bark cookies. They are the perfect combination of sweet and minty, with a crunch from the peppermint on top. This is one of those recipes that you can make year after year for Christmas or any time during winter. It’s so easy to make and they taste amazing!
Important Ingredients You Will Need to Make Peppermint Bark Crumble Cookies
- Cocoa Powder-Make sure you are using unsweetened cocoa powder. You can use any brand of cocoa powder for these cookies. Using a high quality cocoa will give you the best cookies.
- Peppermint Extract- You can also use peppermint flavoring or peppermint oil.
- Candy Canes- Candy canes complete these peppermint chocolate cookies.
What is the Frosting for Peppermint Bark Crumble Cookies Made From?
The frosting used in this recipe is a combination of different ingredients. The four main ingredients for the frosting and topping of this cookie recipe are butter powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and candy canes that have been crushed.
How to Make Peppermint Bark Crumble Cookies
Step 1- Dry Ingredients.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets. In a large bowl, add in the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine.
Step 2- Wet Ingredients.
Add the butter, white, and light brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and combine using an electric mixer until light in color and fluffy. Mix in the three eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup, until fully incorporated and a soft cookie dough begins to form.
Step 3- Baking.
Form the cookie dough into balls using a large ice cream scooper and arrange two inches apart onto the prepared sheet pans. Flatten the dough balls, using your hands into circles (make sure they are the same size). Set the cookies into the oven for 15 to 17 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step 1- Combining the Ingredients.
Add all of the frosting ingredients into a standing mixer, except the candy canes, and combine until creamy and thick.
Step 2- Topping.
Pour the prepared frosting into a piping bag and begin adding it to the top of the cookies and in a spiral motion. Top with crushed candy canes and set aside to harden before serving.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Tell When Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are Done Baking?
The best way to see if cookies are done is by checking the edges The edges of these cookies should be a light or golden brown. The center of the cookies should be soft while the edges are a little more firm.
How Can I Customize these Peppermint Bark Cookies?
You can add all sorts of things to this recipe to make it your own. You can change the color of the frosting, or add different toppings like chocolate, sprinkles, or other hard candies.
More Bark Recipe:
- Caramel Apple Bark
- Easy Oreo Bark Recipe (Double Chocolate)
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
- Peppermint Bark Brownie Cupcakes
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 10 candy canes crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk to mix. Set aside
- Cream together in a large mixing bowl the butter, white, and light brown sugar using an electric mixer until it becomes light in color and fluffy.
- Add in the three eggs, pure vanilla, and corn syrup mixing until completely mixed.
- Continue beating while adding in the flour mixture until a soft cookie dough begins to form.
- With a large ice cream scooper, scoop dough into your hands and roll it into a ball
- Place on the cookie sheet about 2 in apart from the other dough
- Use your hands to flatten the dough into the same size circles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except the candy canes until combined, creamy and thick
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe a spiral onto the top of the cookies
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top
- Allow frosting to harden slightly for about an hour before enjoying it!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 large piping bag with a large round tip