Wait until you try these Mini Banana Pudding Cheesecakes. With a unique twist on flavors, these mini cheesecakes are a combination of delicious homemade pudding and creamy rich cheesecake. This simple dessert is a match made in heaven.
Banana Pudding Cheesecakes
I love mini cheesecakes. They have become one of my favorite desserts to make this summer. I have been experimenting with different flavors and have come up with the most amazing mini cheesecakes like … Mini Lemon Cheesecakes, Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes, Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes, No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bites, and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes.
- Whole milk- Whole milk is best when making this homemade pudding
- Sugar- You need sugar when making the best desserts
- Eggs- You only need the yolks when making this homemade pudding
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is a thickening agent that is used when making homemade pudding
- Banana extract- this gives the pudding the perfect banana flavoring
- Pure vanilla extract- For best flavoring use pure vanilla.
- Kosher salt- Salt brings out the flavor of baked goods
- Cream cheese- Make sure to use softened cream cheese
- Sour cream- It is best to use room temperature sour cream
- Graham cracker- This will be the base crust.
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the salt in your recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream- Heavy Cream is used to thin the frosting to the right consistency.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is the best sugar for frosting.
- Cinnamon- This will be sprinkled on top of your cheesecake.
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies- These are for garnishing.
How to Make Banana Pudding Cheesecakes
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, banana extract, and egg yolks in a medium saucepan.
Cook your mixture just over medium heat, mixing frequently until bubbly and thickened, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer over your pudding into a serving bowl or separate cups. For a few hours, chill in your refrigerator.
With cupcake liners, line a cupcake pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all ingredients and in a medium mixing bowl until combined.
Scoop the crust into the cupcake liners using 1 tablespoon.
Press the crust to make a firm crust into your cupcake pan using a flat-bottomed cup and set aside.
Beat together until smooth and combined the sugar and cream cheese until using a standing mixer.
Mix in the sour cream, salted caramel sauce, vanilla, and salt until combined.
Using 1 egg at a time, beat your eggs until combined.
Using ½ tbsp, scoop the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
In the oven for 17-22 minutes bake your ingredients or until the edges are firm and a very light golden brown starts to form.
Allow to cool for a few hours in the fridge.
Beat on medium to high speed in a medium mixing bowl your heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
Add 1 tbsp of banana pudding spoon onto top of the cheesecake.
Put a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon, then top with a vanilla wafer cookie.
Do You Use Real Bananas in Banana Cheesecake?
Yes, for the most delicious and well-made dessert, real fresh fruit is always the best choice. But, for this recipe, you don’t use real bananas. You can add some bananas to the cheesecake layer if you would like.
Do You Use a Water Bath with Mini Cheesecakes?
While oftentimes you need a water bath with cheesecake, with these mini cheesecakes you do not need one.
More Cheesecake Bites
- Apple Pie Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Snickers Cheesecake Bites
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bites
Mini Banana Pudding Cheesecakes
- 2 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Cheesecake Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
Homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top of whipped cream
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies for garnish
Banana Pudding Directions
- In a medium saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, banana extract, and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently. Cook until bubbly and
- mixture begins to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the pudding into a serving bowl or individual cups. Chill in the fridge for a few hours
Cheesecake Graham Cracker Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until combined
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottomed round cup, press the cup into the crust to make a firm crust
- Set aside
Cheesecake Filling Directions
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until combined and smooth
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined
- Scoop 2 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the edges are firm and a really light golden brown starts to form
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge
Homemade whipped cream Directions
- Using a medium bowl, beat on medium to high speed the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form
- Topping the cheesecake
- Spoon on about 1 tbsp of banana pudding on top of the cheesecake
- Pipe on a dollop of whipped cream on top
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top
- Top with a vanilla wafer cookie