Cake Mix Cookies (3 ways)
Cake Mix Cookies are absolutely my favorite way to bake cookies! By using a boxed cake mix as the base, the cookies come out soft and chewy every single time. Plus, there are so many endless possibilities.
A box of cake mix can do so much more than just bake a simple cake. We have even used it to make cinnamon rolls! However, cookies are definitely my favorite. All you need is three ingredients and some add-ins.
Cake Mix Cookies
That plate of seven different yummy cookies were all made with just 3 boxes of cake mix. Crazy, right? You can make them custom to whatever your favorite flavor is by adding in various toppings. Also, you can take one cookie flavor, separate it into a few smaller bowls, and give them all separate toppings so everyone at home gets what they love.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Cake Mix. This is where you will choose your cookie flavor. Here we used Devil’s Food, White and Strawberry.
- Eggs. You’ll need two.
- Vegetable Oil. Just like most boxed mixes call for.
- Add ins. This is the fun part! Here we used milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and sprinkles but there are tons of options to choose from.
How To Make Cookies from Cake Mix
- Mix. Use a mixer to combine your three main ingredients: cake mix, eggs and oil.
- Add. Fold in your desired toppings.
- Bake. Drop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet by the spoonfuls, leaving an inch between the cookies. Cook for about 10-13 minutes and let them sit on the pan for 2-3 minutes.
Each batch makes 2 dozen cookies.
Here are the variations of we used:
- Strawberry with sprinkles
- Strawberry with white chocolate chips
- Devils Food with sprinkles
- Devils Food with white chocolate chips
- White with sprinkles
- White with chocolate chips
Yummy Cake Mix Cookies Variations:
- Chocolate + Mint Chocolate Chips
- Yellow + M&M’s
- Red Velvet + White Chocolate Chips
- Devils Food + Reese’s Pieces
- Lemon + White Chocolate Chips
- Carrot Cake + White Chocolate Chips
- French Vanilla + Crushed Candy Bar Pieces
More Cookie Recipes To Try Next
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box cake mix 15.25 oz
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable
Optional Add Ins:
- 1 cup for large add ins like chips or candies
- ½ cup for smaller add ins like sprinkles or finely chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Beat until well combined. Stir in sprinkles, nuts, or chips as desired, until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a portion scoop, or spoon, drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Be sure to leave about an inch between cookies, to allow for spread.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cookies begin to slightly turn golden around the edges. Remove from the oven, and allow them to rest for about 2-3 minutes, before transferring them to cool on a rack.