Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole (3-ingredients)
Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole is a perfect way to enjoy this classic dessert without the effort of making traditional apple dumplings. Only three easy ingredients and you have a hot, cinnamon spiced treat in 30 minutes!
Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole
We all love a good apple dumpling, but they can be a lot of work when you need a quick recipe. My solution is this Easy Apple Dumpling Casserole. It’s so incredibly simple to make and really delicious. We love it topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Easy Apple Dumpling Casserole (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Crescent rolls – use the refrigerated crescent rolls in a tube.
- Apple pie filling
Yep, that’s it! Just three ingredients.
How to Make Apple Dumplings
Open the crescent roll tube and unroll the dough onto a cutting board. Use a knife to cut each triangle of dough into about 6-7 bite-sized pieces.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the apple pie filling, cinnamon, and pieces of crescent roll dough. Do be aware that the dough will stick together. This is okay as you can separate the pieces before baking. Just be sure all of the dough has been coated in the pie filling.
Spread the mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. I used a small Pyrex glass baker. You’ll probably need to separate the pieces of dough and make sure they’re evenly distributed in the pan.
Bake the apple dumpling casserole at 375ºF for 25 minutes until golden brown and the dough is cooked through. Cool slightly before serving.
What to Serve with the Casserole
Whipped Cream – Top your serving of casserole with a big dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Ice Cream – Add a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to individual servings of the hot apple dumpling casserole.
Caramel Sauce – Drizzle caramel sauce over top of the casserole when it’s fresh from the oven.
Warmed Milk – Many people eat their apple dumplings with a bit of warmed milk poured over top. You can do the same with this apple casserole.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftovers covered tightly. The casserole will stay fresh at room temperature for up to two days, or in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
More Recipes You Will Love
Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 2-quart glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Open the tube of crescent rolls and lay the dough out on a cutting board. Use a knife to cut each crescent roll triangle into 6-7 bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crescent roll dough pieces, apple pie filling, and cinnamon. Note: the dough may stick together, but you can separate it as you add it to the baking dish. Just be sure the dough is well-coated in the pie filling.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the greased baking dish. Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the crescent rolls are cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.