Everybody is getting ready for Christmas and with how hectic the year has been, we could all use a fresh new dessert to try. This Mini Candy Cane Cheesecake will be a great dish to share with your friends and family. With how amazing this dessert is, it may become a favorite in your household.
Mini Candy Cane Cheesecake
This Candy Cane Cheesecake is so delicious! This cheesecake had a wonderfully creamy texture with a fresh peppermint flavor. This recipe will just melt in your mouth and the sweet flavor topped with a lovely whipped cream will have your loved ones falling in love, so be sure to keep this one handy.
If you want more mini cheesecake recipes that will be perfect side by side these mini candy cane cheesecakes you will want to try Gingerbread Mini Cheesecakes, Candy Cane Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake and Apple Pie Mini Cheesecake Bites.
- Graham cracker crumbs- This will be used for the base crust of your cheesecake.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese- Use softened or room temperature.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness of the cheesecake in half and add moisture.
- Peppermint extract- Use pure extract for the best taste.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Eggs– Be sure to use these at room temperature.
- Peppermint candy- These will be folded into the cheesecake batter.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of the whipped topping.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Vanilla extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Mini candy canes- These will be used for topping.
How to Make Mini Candy Cane Cheesecake
Set your oven to 325 degrees and use cupcake liners to line a pan.
Add all the ingredients into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
Scoop the crust into the prepared liners using a tablespoon.
Press the crusts into the pan to make it firm using a flat-bottomed glass.
Place it aside.
Add the sugar and cream cheese in a bowl and use a hand mixer to combine until smooth.
Add in the sour cream, peppermint, and salt and combine.
One at a time, add in the eggs and mix.
Add in the crushed peppermint and fold in about 1/2 C using a spatula.
Use a tablespoon to add 2 1/2 scoops of the batter into the prepared crusts.
Add some more of the crushed candies on top of the batter.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 17-22 minutes or until the edges start to firm up and become a light brown.
Place the cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours after baking.
Fresh Whipped Cream
Add the whipped cream ingredients into a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
Add the mixture into a piping bag and start to place dollops of the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake.
Then, sprinkle the rest of the peppermint candy on top and put some mini candy canes on top as well.
Does This Use Peppermint Extract?
Fo this Peppermint cheesecake, you will use peppermint extract. The crushed candies on top and in the batter will give a great texture. The peppermint extract will mostly be for the flavor.
What Crust is Best for Peppermint Cheesecake?
The best crust for this Peppermint cheesecake is the one used. This crust is very simple to make and fits perfectly with this recipe. You only need a few ingredients for the crust, butter, graham crackers, and sugar and with the complex flavoring, a simple crust fits well.
More Mini Cheesecake Recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Mini Cheesecake
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Mini Banana Pudding Cheesecakes
Mini Candy Cane Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
- ¾ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C sour cream
- ¾ tsp pure peppermint extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C crushed peppermint candy
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- ¾ C crushed peppermint candy
- Mini candy canes for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until combined
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottomed round cup, press the cup into the crust to make a firm crust
- Set aside
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until combined and smooth
- Beat in the sour cream, peppermint and salt until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined
- Fold in ½ C of the crushed peppermint candy
- Scoop 2 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Sprinkle some more of the crushed peppermint candy on top
- Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the edges are firm and a really light golden brown starts to form
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge
- Using a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients until stiff peaks form
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe dollops on top of the cheesecakes
- Sprinkle some of the crushed peppermint candy on top and place a mini candy cane on top