How would you like a delicious bite-sized dessert? These mini cheesecake desserts are not only simple but a gorgeous red color. These wonderful Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes are a great choice for any occasion. You can share this lovely treat with your loved ones and may just become a favorite in your household.
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
These Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes are super easy to make and comes out looking and tasting amazing. The directions are simple to follow along with and this recipe doesn’t have many ingredients. This is a super fun recipe and a great treat to enjoy with family and friends. Be sure to write this recipe down.
I love making mini cheesecakes. It is the perfect portion for dessert. Some of my other favorite mini cheesecakes are Apple Pie Mini Cheesecake Bites, Gingerbread Mini Cheesecakes and Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Oreos- These Oreo’s will be used for your crust.
- Butter- Best to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate chips- This will be melted and mixed with your cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- This will be used as a thickening agent in the ganache.
- Cream Cheese- Best to use softened or room temp cream cheese.
- Sour cream- This will add incredible flavor to your dessert.
- Sugar- You need sugar for the best dessert.
- Hershey Cocoa Powder- This will be mixed in with your batter.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Red Gel Food coloring- Be sure to get the Gel food coloring and not liquid.
- Eggs- You should use room temperature eggs.
How to Make Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
Crush your Oreos in a food processor or blender and add in melted butter and mix until it forms a wet sand texture.
Set aside for later.
Use white cupcake liners to line a pan.
Scoop up the prepared crust with a spoon and add into the liners.
Use a flat bottomed object to press down the crumbs.
Then, set aside.
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cocoa using a hand mixer.
Add in the vanilla and mix.
One at a time, add in the eggs and mix.
Add in the gel coloring and mix.
Add 1 1/2 tablespoon full of batter and add to the cupcake liners.
For 20-22 minutes, bake until firm on top.
Take out of the pan and let chill at room temp.
Once rested and cooled, put in the fridge and wait overnight.
Make the Ganache.
Add the cream to a medium pot and simmer.
Add in the chocolate chips and dump the heated cream on top.
Let rest for 2 minutes and combine until creamy.
Take cupcakes out of the fridge.
Add 1 tbsp. of ganache to cupcakes and evenly spread with butter knife.
Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
What Flavor is Red Velvet?
Red Velvet is perfect for these Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes. Red velvet is actually called ‘red’ due to the color. The flavor, however, is actually considered to be a close mashup of chocolate and vanilla cake. Traditionally, red velvet was red because of the type of chocolate that was use. It would give a red tint to the dessert. These days, regular cocoa powder is used and the red is there from food coloring.
Can I Make This Into a Traditional Sized Cheesecake?
You can turn this into a regular size cheesecake easily. You will need to change the temperature and baking time. The exact times will depend on which size pan you choose to use.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Mini Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Cake
- Strawberry Air Fryer Cheesecake
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
Chocolate Cookie Crust :
- 16 oreos
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients :
- 2 - 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- ¾ C Sugar
- ¼ C Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Red Gel Food coloring
- 2 large Eggs
Chocolate Ganache topping
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
- ½ C Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ C oreo crumbs
Chocolate Cookie Crust Directions :
- Using a food processor, bled up the oreo cookies and the melted butter
- until combined and wet sand like
- Set aside
- Line a cupcake pan with white cupcake liners
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly
- Set aside
Red Velvet Cheesecake Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cocoa until combined
- Beat in the vanilla until combined
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the Red Gel Food coloring until combined
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature
- Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight
Chocolate Ganache topping Directions
- Using a medium pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl, pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips
- Let sit for 2 minutes and then mix until smooth and combined
- Remove the cheesecakes from the fridge
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecakes and smooth evenly with a butterknife
- Sprinkle some oreo crumbs on top