A cheesecake recipe is a go-to recipe for many and you would this with all the tons of flavors and textures of each recipe that has ever been made, that there wouldn’t be many ideas left for recipes. However, this new Mini Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake may become a new favorite. This will have your family and friends enjoying the Holiday season a little more.
Mini Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
This Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake is so delicious! These are little bite-sized cheesecakes that are perfect for a quick on the go dessert or a great addition to a dessert buffet to share with your loved ones. This recipe comes out so moist, sweet, minty, and creamy, a perfect mix of ingredients. This recipe may just make you fall in love, so be sure to save this one!
Holidays and cheesecakes go together perfectly! If you are looking for decadent cheesecake recipes for your holiday dessert table, I have a few that you may really enjoy. Like for example, my Pink Champagne Cheesecake or my Caramel Apple Cheesecake. When I make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, I always have people asking for the recipe!
- Oreos- You will need the chocolate Oreos with the cream removed.
- Cream cheese– Use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Sour cream- The sour cream will keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Cocoa Powder- You will need the Hershey’s Dark flavored powder.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need to use Semi-sweet chocolate for this recipe.
- Heavy Whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of the ganache.
- Peppermint candy- You will need the candies to be crushed.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Peppermint extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Use cupcake liners to line a pan.
Add the Oreos into a food processor and crush into fine crumbs and add to a bowl.
Add melted butter and sugar into the crumbs and combine.
Mix in about 1 tbsp of the crust mixture into the prepared liners.
Gently press the crust into the pan using a flat-bottomed cup.
Turn down the oven temp to 325 degrees.
Add the cream cheese and sugar into a standing mixer and beat until combined and creamy.
Mix in the sour cream, extract, cocoa, and salt into the mixture and combine.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine.
Add 1/4 C of batter into the prepared liners.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 17-21 minutes until the edges are firm and the middle is slightly jiggly.
Let the recipe completely cool before taking it out of the pan and put it in the fridge overnight.
Add the heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Add the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and pour the heated cream over top.
Let the blend sit for a minute before whisking.
Add about 1/2 tbsp of the ganache on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle some crushed candies on top.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Chocolate is Best with Peppermint?
This Peppermint cheesecake uses chocolate chips and cocoa powder to give the chocolatey flavor. You want the flavors to complement each other well. So, the best chocolate to use is semi-sweet and dark chocolate.
Can I Freeze These for Later?
You can indeed freeze this Peppermint cheesecake. Freezing this recipe will help with the shelf life of the recipe. Just be sure to place it in a sealed container.
MORE MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Gingerbread Mini Cheesecake
- Mini Eggnog Cheesecake
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Candy Cane Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake
Mini Chocolate Peppermint cheesecake
- 16 chocolate oreo cookies creme removed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C sour cream
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Hershey Dark cocoa powder
- 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- ¾ Crushed peppermint candy
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbles and pour into a bowl
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar into the crushed cookies
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottom cup, lightly press the crust into a flat disk
- Bring oven temp down to 325
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy
- Beat in the sour cream, peppermint extract, cocoa powder, and salt until combined
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Scoop about ¼ C of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 17-21 minutes or until the edges are firm and it slightly jiggles in the center
- Allow cooling completely before removing and placing into the fridge overnight
- Using a small saucepan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl
- Allow sitting for a minute before whisking until smooth
- Spoon on about 1-2 tbsp of the ganache onto the top of the cooled cheesecakes
- Sprinkle some crushed peppermint candy on top