Candy Cane Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake
If you need an absolutely beautiful dessert for a special occasion or just to show off to friends and family. Then, this amazing Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake is the perfect recipe for you. This recipe is not only super delicious but also a beautiful festive display of color.
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake
This Mini Cheesecake recipe is so easy to make! This recipe’s directions are simple to follow along with and will have a great dessert made in no time at all. The tasty combination of the red velvet and oreo crust is so amazing. If you are making these mini cheesecakes as part of a festive holiday baking table, you can also make Apple Pie Mini Cheesecake Bites and Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Oreos- These will be blended up to be used as a base.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- You will need this softened or at room temperature.
- Sour cream- Will add moisture without thinning the batter.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Hershey Cocoa Powder- This will be used in your batter for that chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla Extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Red Gel Food coloring- Be sure to use the gel and not the liquid food coloring.
- Eggs-Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Chocolate chips- You will need to use the semi-sweet.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- Whipping cream is the best for topping off desserts.
- Candy Canes- Prepare the candy canes by crushing them.
How to Make Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Add the Oreos into a food processor and blend. Add in the melted butter and combine until a wet sand-like mixture forms.
Use white cupcake liners to line a pan.
Scoop the crust into the bottom of the liners, using a tablespoon.
Use a measuring cup or any flat-bottomed object to firmly press the crust down.
Set your oven to 350 degrees
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and cocoa into a bowl and beat using a hand mixer until well combined.
Mix in the vanilla until well combined.
Add in your eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
Add in the Red Gel Food Coloring and beat until incorporated.
Use a tablespoon to scoop 1 1/2 of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
For 20-22 minutes, add into the oven and bake until the top is firm.
Take out of the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature.
When the cheesecake is cooled, add into the fridge to finish cooling overnight.
Make the Ganache
Add the heavy cream into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and pour the cream over top and let rest to melt for 2 minutes.
Mix until well combined.
Take out the cheesecake from the fridge.
Add about 1 tbsp of the ganache on top of the finished cheesecake and evenly spread with a butter knife.
Sprinkle candy canes on top for garnish.
What Flavor Is Red Velvet?
Red Velvet is always a questionable type of flavor. Many people think it is just a regular white cake that is dyed red. But, there is cocoa added to the batter to make a delicious slightly chocolatey vanilla flavor. Traditionally, red velvet was made with a special cocoa powder which gave the cake a red flavor but this is rarely done anymore.
What Crust Goes with Red Velvet Cheesecake?
When you are making these red velvet cheesecakes you want to make a chocolate cookie crust. It has the best flavor that goes with the red velvet cheesecake. If you want something less chocolatey, you can use a traditional graham cracker crust instead.
More Mini Cheesecake Recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Mini Cheesecake
- Mini Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Banana Pudding Cheesecakes
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake
Chocolate Cookie Crust :
- 16 oreos
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients :
- 2 - 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- ¾ C Sugar
- ¼ C Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Red Gel Food coloring
- 2 Large Eggs
Chocolate Ganache topping
- 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- ½ C Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ C crushed candy canes
- Using a food processor, blend up the oreo cookies and the melted butter until combined and wet sand like
- Set aside
- Line a cupcake pan with white cupcake liners
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly
- Set aside
- CHEESECAKE Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cocoa until combined
- Beat in the vanilla until combined
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the Red Gel Food coloring until combined
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature
- Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight
- Ganache Directions
- Using a medium pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl, pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips
- Let sit for 2 minutes and then mix until smooth and combined
- Remove the cheesecakes from the fridge
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecakes and smooth evenly with a butter knife
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top