This Mini Chocolate Tart Recipe is a rich and easy dessert made with Oreo cookies, Ghirardelli dark chocolate, butter, and heavy whipping cream.
Easy Dark Chocolate Tarts
This is a dessert sent from heaven and irresistible to any chocolate lover. Every bite is so smooth and decadent. The Oreo crust adds a delicious crunch to each bite, and you can garnish however you want. It is a bomb of flavor and everyone who tries it will come back for more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cookies: You will need cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies like Oreos.
Chocolate: You can use any quality chocolate, but I prefer Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate.
How To Make Mini Chocolate Tart Recipe
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, add the cookies and pulse to form into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, add the crumbs and top with melted butter, and combine. Portion the crumbs into 8 mini tart pans about 3 Tbsps per pan. Press down and up the sides to form the crust. Place into the oven for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Step 2. In a small bowl, add the chopped chocolate. Add the heavy cream into a small saucepan and heat until small bubbles form around the edge. Make sure to not boil it. Add the heated cream on top of the chocolate and let it sit for about 5 minutes until melted. Mix it gently until smooth and creamy. If there are still clumps of chocolate, let it sit for a few more minutes.
Step 3. Pour the ganache into the prepared crusts and smooth out using a spatula. Let the ganache set for 2 hours. Take the tarts out of the pans and garnish them with your favorite toppings. Serve and enjoy!
What Toppings Can I Put on This Mini Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe?
I love this recipe so much because it is rich, so I like adding sweet, tangy, and nutty ingredients on top. You can use some of the suggestions below.
- Berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Nuts like peanuts, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, etc.
- You could also make this dessert look extra pretty by adding fresh mint or edible flowers on top.
- You can also add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, caramel sauce, or hot fudge on top.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a food processor to chop the cookies, you can place them in a storage bag and break up with a rolling pin.
- The finer the chocolate, the easier it will melt.
- I love using dark chocolate for this recipe, but milk, bittersweet, etc. will work just fine. If you use dark chocolate, make sure it isn’t more than 60% or it will become less creamy and harder to melt.
- The ganache will be set fully in approximately 2 hours at room temperature. If you want to speed up the process, you can place it in the fridge.
- Garnish right before serving and if you add fruit, remove any excess moisture.
More Chocolate Recipes:
- Baileys Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Quick and Easy)
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
Mini Chocolate Tart Recipe
- 25 Oreo Cookies
- 8 Tbsp butter melted (1 stick)
- 8 oz. chocolate quality, finely chopped (I used Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate)
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- Berries nuts, fresh mint, and/or edible flowers (optional garnishes). I used chopped pistachios, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and fresh mint.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the cookies in a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs Place the cookie crumbs into a medium bowl, pour the melted butter over top, and stir to combine. Press about 3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture evenly into 8 mini tart pans onto the bottom and up the sides. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until tiny bubbles form around the edge. Do not let it come to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then gently stir to combine them together until it is smooth and creamy. If there are still some large lumps while you are stirring, you can let it set for a few more minutes before stirring again.
- Fill the mini tart crusts with the ganache and smooth them with a spatula if needed. Allow 2-4 hours for the ganache to set. Remove the tarts from the pans and garnish with fresh berries and chopped pistachios if desired, just before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Mini tart pans