This easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is incredibly moist, flavorful, and loaded with chocolate chips. This is the best banana bread recipe and only requires 15 minutes of prep!
Moist Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Bread is one of those things that I just can’t seem to live without! There are so many creative and delicious ways to make bread and this quick bread recipe is amazing. The recipe comes out so moist with a sweet banana flavor and loaded with gooey chocolate chips. Quick to make and delicious, it bakes perfect every single time. We love to make several of these banana loaves and wrap them up for gifts.
This is definitely one of our favorite banana bread recipes, but we also have several other versions including: Banana Bread in a Jar, Cream Cheese Banana Bread, Triple Chocolate Banana Bread, Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread and Easy Cake Mix Banana Bread.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Bananas: You will need overripe bananas because they are much sweeter and more flavorful.
Flour: You will need white flour along with baking soda to allow the bread to rise properly in the oven.
Chocolate Chips: I prefer using semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe, so they are not overpowering.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Add the bananas and baking soda into a small bowl and combine by mashing with a fork. Set the bowl aside. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, and milk into another medium-sized bowl and combine. Put in the flour, sugar, and salt and combine again. The mixture will become a bit dry at this stage of the recipe.
Step 2. Pour the banana and baking soda mixture into the batter and combine until fully incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips and fold to combine. Add the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or greased with baking spray. Place the pan in the oven for about 45-50 minutes to bake or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
How To Store Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
There are two ways you can store this recipe. You can place a sheet of paper towels in the bottom of an airtight container and place the banana bread on top. Place another sheet on top and seal it with a lid. Store the banana bread at room temperature or in the fridge. For freezing, you will need to wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap, then cover it with a layer of aluminum foil. Put the wrapped bread into a freezer-safe bag or container.
Tips & Tricks
- Overripe bananas are the best for a strong banana flavor.
- Using parchment paper in the pan will make it easier to remove the banana bread from the pan.
- You can use canola oil instead of vegetable oil.
- If you want to make just regular banana bread, just remove the chocolate chips.
- Scoop and level your flour. Spoon the flour into your measuring cup then level it off with a flat edge. This keeps you from adding too much flour.
- To make it pretty, sprinkle on an extra handful before baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If the center is still wet, bake in 5 minute intervals until done.
More Bread Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 5 bananas overripe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, add the bananas and the baking soda and mash together with a fork. Set aside for now.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, add the eggs, vegetable oil, and milk and mix together.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt and continue mixing. The batter will be a little dry at this point.
- Add the banana/ baking soda mixture to the batter and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined bread pan and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick is removed clean.
- Mixing bowl medium-sized
- Mixing bowl small
- bread pan
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Quick and Easy)”
Can I substitute 1:1 gfree flour for the AP flour?
Also can I omit the chocolate chips or are they needed in the recipe? Thank you
Yes, you can use that substitution and omit the chocolate chips.