Making brownies is easier than ever with this Homemade Brownie Mix Recipe. It might seem like a waste of time when you can just buy a boxed mix at the grocery store. However, I have made the best brownies I’ve ever had from scratch, and trust me, it’s easier than you may think. Plus, it’s way easier to make larger batches of brownies this way. It’s perfect for a party or family event. You can even customize them and make new yummy flavors!
It’s Better Than the Box
With rising prices, sometimes it can be so much cheaper to make things yourself. This is definitely the case when it comes to the brownie mix. I almost always have every single one of the ingredients needed in my pantry, making it easy to throw together when I have a craving for homemade brownies. It’s the perfect basic mix and results in decadent brownies every single time.
Make sure to Download our Free Printable (shown under the recipe box) for easy instructions to label a baggie or storage container.
Key Ingredients for Homemade Brownie Mix Recipe
These 5 ingredients are all you need to make the best homemade brownie mix!
- Granulated sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
Ingredients for the Brownies
If you are ready to make delicious brownies with your homemade mix, here is everything you’ll need.
- Brownie mix – It should be all mixed up and ready to go.
- Melted butter – Give the butter some time to cool before adding it to the brownie batter.
- Eggs – Make sure these are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
Instructions for the Homemade Brownie Mix
There are only 2 steps to put this brownie mix recipe together.
- Mix. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined.
- Store. Pour into an airtight container or in a jar for storage.
Instructions for the Brownies
Ready to enjoy your rich and delicious brownies? Here is how you make them.
- Prep the Oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the Ingredients. In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Make sure it is all well combined.
- Prep the Pan. Grease a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Add the Batter. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and make sure it is even,
- Bake. Bake the brownies for 22-25 minutes. Check to see if the center is set by inserting a toothpick.
- Cool. Remove the pan from the oven once the brownies are ready and allow them to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
What to Serve With Homemade Brownies
There are so many delicious things that you can serve with brownies that take their flavor up a notch!
A Homemade Caramel Sauce adds a note of saltiness making it a wonderful topping for these brownies.
You can never go wrong with ice cream! Try our recipes for Vanilla Ice Cream or No-Churn Cherry Ice Cream.
How to Store This Homemade Brownie Mix
If you are not going to use your brownie mix right away, you can store it in a mason jar or an airtight storage container. Keep it in your pantry or on the counter for several weeks!
More Homemade Mix Recipes
- Homemade Italian Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Chicken Rub Recipe
Homemade Brownie Mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter melted, then cooled
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brownie Mix Instructions
- To make the mix, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Store in a jar or another tightly covered container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add dry brownie mix to a large bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into a greased 9×9-inch pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove and cool before cutting into bars.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.