Warm up this chilly winter weather with a delicious hot beverage. This Baileys Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is a quick and easy hot cocoa recipe with only 3-ingredients.
Baileys Red Velvet Hot Cocoa
This recipe is so good and simple to make! I love making this recipe when it’s cold outside or I am having guests over for the holidays. It is not only a fun and tasty recipe, but it’s great alongside desserts like cookies, cakes, fudge, and more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chocolate Chips: You will combine these with milk to melt and make the hot cocoa.
Bailey’s: This will add an adult twist to the recipe, but this can be left out.
How To Make Bailey’s Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Step 1. Add the milk and chocolate chips into a heavy bottom saucepan and melt over medium heat until smooth and combined.
Step 2. Pour in the Bailey’s and cook for another 2 minutes before taking off the heat and pouring into two 8 oz glasses or mugs. Add some whipped cream, mini marshmallows, and red sprinkles on top. Serve and enjoy!
What Toppings Taste Best With Baileys Red Velvet Hot Chocolate?
Hot Cocoa is so unique and tastes even better with added toppings to decorate. I love using a dollop of my homemade whipped cream on top. You can also add things like mini marshmallows, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, caramel sauce, fudge sauce, or cinnamon.
Tips & Tricks
- You can make as much as this recipe as you want, just double or triple ingredients as needed.
- Remove the alcohol from the recipe if you choose to make this for kids. The Bailey’s just adds an adult twist to the recipe.
- You can store in a sealed pitcher or container and reheat in the microwave.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate (Boozy)
- Hot Chocolate Dip
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Bailey’s Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Bailey's
- Whipped Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Red Sprinkles
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, add the Milk, and Chocolate Chips, and heat over Medium Heat until the Chocolate Chips are completely melted, Stir well to blend.
- Add the Bailey’s, and heat for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and pour or ladle the Hot Chocolate into two – 8-ounce glasses. Top with Whipped Cream, Mini Marshmallows, and Red Sprinkles.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.