This amazing dessert combines delicious layer of brownie, a layer of Mint Chocolate Cheesecake and then all topped with whipped cream and cookies. If you’re a mint chocolate fan, you are going to totally love this decadent dessert.
A Mint Chocolate Chip Lovers Dream Dessert
It all started with my first bite of mint chocolate chip ice cream and I was hooked. I know there is a good case for peanut butter + chocolate being the best combination, but I will always cast my vote for mint + chocolate. I love that this dessert also combines two other delicious things: brownies and cheesecake. Who wouldn’t adore that combo?
Ingredients You Need
If you’re looking for a new dessert to try out, grab your grocery list, here is what you’ll need. I’m breaking down the ingredients for each layer.
- Butter – softened
- Cocoa Powder – unsweetened
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Salt – if you used salted butter you can skip adding salt
- Baking Powder
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream Cheese – softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Mint Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Cool Whip – thawed
- Green Food Coloring – this is optional if you’d rather not use it
- Mint Fudge Cookies – you might also know these as Grasshopper cookies
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mint Fudge Cookies
You’ll also want a springform pan for this and really any cheesecake. It makes removing the cheesecake so much easier than a regular round pan. It is totally worth the $15-20 you will spend if you like making cheesecakes.
How To Make A Layered Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
1. Make the brownie batter. Mix up the batter and pour into the springform pan that has a layer of parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the brownie layer for about 45 minutes and then let it cool in the pan before removing. When the brownie is cooled, use a serrated knife to cut the top of the brownie off so the layer is flat.
2. Make the cheesecake filling. Spread the cheesecake over the cooled brownie, in the springform pan. The cheesecake layer is no-bake, just place directly in the fridge for at least four hours to set.
3. Add toppings. Heat the chocolate and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it’s combined. Take the cake out of the pan and pour the icing over it. Add a few cookies, some sprinkles and some whipped cream on top and serve.
Keep any left-over cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How To Remove A Cheesecake from A Springform Pan
For a no-bake cheesecake, the easiest way to remove it from a pan, is to run the outside of the pan. That will melt the cheesecake just enough for it to come off of the side and you can remove it.
More Mint Chocolate Desserts
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Brownie Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt omit if you use salted butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cool whip container thawed
- Green food color
- 15 mint fudge cookies roughly chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Mint fudge cookies
- Prepare an 8” springform pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray and place a parchment round in the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add melted butter and unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment, add the sugar and eggs and whisk on med-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- And vanilla and salt and mix until just combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until there are no dry spots remaining. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips last.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and smooth.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, remove the dome top using a large, serrated knife.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese on high speed for 4-5 minutes until smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and both extracts and mix until just combined.
- Add 4 cups of cool whip into the cream cheese mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold until completely combined.
- Add a couple drops of green food color and fold until the color is well distributed through the mixture.
- Fold in the chopped cookies last.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cooled brownie and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Add the chocolate and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform* and carefully pour the ganache topping over the top and smooth.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and mint fudge cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.