Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is a delicious minty dessert without all the hassle of a machine. This no-churn ice cream is cool, refreshing, and filled with chocolate chips.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This No-churn ice cream recipe makes life a bit easier and gets you tasty ice cream in no time. The recipe requires only a shortlist of ingredients and you only have to follow a few simple steps to make it. This is a great after-dinner snack that can be put in bowls, waffle cones, or regular ice cream cones.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is a great thickening agent and when used at room temperature it creates a creamy consistency.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This ingredient is all about getting that smooth and almost creamy texture that you love when it comes to ice cream.
Peppermint Extract: This is where you get that strong minty flavor.
Green Food Coloring Gel: Be sure to use food coloring gel and not the liquid form to make it blend easier into the ingredients. Use a drop to a couple of drops to make the desired color of the recipe.
How To Make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Step 1. Add the cold heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Add in the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and a few drops of green food coloring and combine until fully incorporated. If you want a deeper green color, you can add a few more drops of coloring. Add in the chocolate chips and use a spatula to fold and combine.
Step 2. Take the loaf pan out of the freezer and add the prepared mixture into the pan before placing it back in the freezer to chill for at least 6 hours, but overnight will give you the best results. Scoop, Serve, and Enjoy!
How Does Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Get Its Color?
The answer is simple for how this recipe gets its gorgeous mint green color. I like to use a few drops of green food coloring gel. You can use a lot to get a really bright color or use just a few for the perfect light green.
Can I Add More To Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream?
This ice cream tastes amazing with just chocolate chips because the flavors blend so well together. However, you can add other things in like, candy bars, for example, Twix, Reeses, Snickers, and more. And, instead of adding them to the recipe, you could also use some toppings like chocolate syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream, or cherries.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Mint Chocolate Lasagna
- Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – No Churn
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 14.5 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Several drops green food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips mini
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cold heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and a few drops of green food coloring into the whipped cream until just mixed through. Add an extra drop or two of food coloring if you’d like a deeper color.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Remove your loaf pan from the freezer and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan. Return to the freezer and chill for at least 6 hours until firm, or overnight. Scoop and serve, enjoy!