Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with fresh cranberries, oats, white chocolate chips and pecans. A delicious and simple holiday cookie recipe to add to your baking list that everyone will absolutely Love!
If you’re looking for new Christmas Cookie recipes you have certainly found yourself in the right spot. Besides this amazing recipe here, you’ll find Eggnog Cookies, Hot Cocoa Cookies and more. Isn’t baking around the holidays just so fun?
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Cranberries were definitely the missing ingredient in chewy oatmeal cookies. It’s like they were meant to go together! Trust me when I tell you that this is one cookie recipe you’ll want to keep on hand for the holidays! This is one cookie recipe you don’t see too often at a cookie exchange. You just might get first prize!
How To Make Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Old Fashion Oats (NOT quick oats!)
- Fresh Cranberries
- White Chocolate Chips
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
If you’ve ever made oatmeal raisin cookies you will notice that this recipe is very similar. You start by creaming butter and sugar, then adding one egg at a time and lastly the vanilla. In a different bowl, stir the flour, cinnamon, sugar and baking soda. Take that bowl and add the mix to your wet ingredients bowl.
When that’s all combined, you can fold in the chocolate, cranberries, pecans and oats.
Oatmeal Cookie Tips
- Don’t pack the flour. Be sure to scoop it gently and level it off evenly.
- Don’t over-mix. Once ingredients are mixed together stop without over mixing.
- Use softened butter. Like most cookies, don’t try and use cold butter. You can do this quickly by filling a glass with very hot water. Then once it has warmed the glass, pour it out and cover the stick of butter with the warm glass. This will soften the butter.
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh cranberries quartered
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until creamy. Mix in eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in oats, cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet for each cookie leaving 2 inches of space between each mound of dough.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Cool on a cooling rack.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
146 comments on “White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies”
If you have extra or want to make in advance, can the cookies be frozen after baking?
These are so good. Made a half batch with a lot of extra cranberries. A few days latter they were gone and made some more with dried cranberries. They had a more firm texture but were just as good.
Do you use the same amount of dried cranberries as you do fresh? Thank you in advance
These cookies are a hit with my family and friends. I make these all year round.