These irresistible no bake peanut butter kiss cookies are hard to resist! They combine the satisfying crunch of rice crispy with the velvety, creamy peanut butter texture, and they’re finished with a luscious Hershey’s chocolate kiss on top.
Why You’ll Love No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
These cookies are like taking rice krispie treats to a whole new level. The combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and rice krispie is a dessert that is sure to become your newest favorite.
- Easy to Make: They’re incredibly simple to whip up, requiring minimal effort and prep time, no stand mixer, and no baking.
- Quick Treat: You can have these cookies ready in no time, making them perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth on short notice.
- Great for Parties: They’re a crowd-pleaser and ideal for parties, gatherings, and Christmas. Everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- Kid-Friendly: Kids love helping to make and eat these cookies. It’s a fun and family-friendly recipe.
- No Oven Required: Perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen with baking.
- Versatile: You can customize them by using different types of chocolate kisses or even adding toppings like chopped nuts or sprinkles for extra flair.
What You’ll Need
- Brown sugar– You can use either light or dark brown sugar. Both will work in this recipe
- Light corn syrup– Corn syrup is what holds the cookies together.
- Creamy peanut butter- This is what takes these cookies over the top. That extra special ingredient.
- Rice Krispies Cereal- Rice Krispies cereal will give the cookies a crunchy texture without being too much. Similar to your favorite rice krispie treats, similar to Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Hershey Kisses- How can you go wrong with a Hershey kiss on top?
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Prep work: To make it easier when making these cookies, you want to do some prep. Place the cereal in a large bowl and unwrap the Hershey Kisses. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Boil the Syrup: In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the corn syrup and the brown sugar. Heat until it boils. Mix in the peanut butter and remove from the heat.
Make the Cookies: Pour the mixture over the Rice Krispies and mix well. Use a cookie scoop and drop cookie dough balls, about the size of 1-inch balls, on the cookie sheets. Press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool on the cookie trays for 15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the tray and enjoy.
What Type of Peanut Butter is Best?
For making No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, it’s best to use creamy or smooth peanut butter. This type of peanut butter blends seamlessly into the cookie mixture, giving it a uniform and creamy texture. When it comes to the brand, you can use whatever kind you like. I tend to stay with Jif or Skippy, but that is just a personal choice because I think it has the best peanut butter flavor. You can also use a natural peanut butter if you are aiming for lower calories.
Avoid using chunky or crunchy peanut butter for this recipe, as the larger peanut pieces can make the cookies less cohesive and affect their overall texture.
How to Store No Bake Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Storing No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies is easy. You can keep them at room temperature for up to 5 days. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out. The cookies can also be stored in the refrigerator so that they last for about a week to 10 days. If you want the cookies to last longer, store them in the freezer. They will last for about 3 months when stored in the freezer.
It is best to place a layer of wax paper or parchment paper between the layers of cookers so that they do not stick together and are easily removable from the container.
Remember, the chocolate kisses in the center may become a bit firmer when stored in the fridge or freezer, but they’ll still be delicious.
- Different Nut Butters: A variety of nut butters can be used in place of peanut butter. Anything from almond butter to sunflower seed butter will work in this recipe.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Melt some extra chocolate (either dark, milk, or white) and drizzle it over the cookies for an extra chocolatey touch.
- Nutty Crunch: Roll the cookies in finely chopped nuts like almonds, peanuts, or pecans after adding the chocolate kiss for a nutty crunch.
- Cookie Sandwich: Make a sandwich by placing a second cookie on top of the chocolate kiss, pressing gently. This creates a double-decker peanut butter delight.
- Caramel Surprise: Swap out the chocolate kisses for caramel-filled chocolates for a gooey caramel surprise in the center.
- Coconut Twist: Roll the cookies in shredded coconut before adding the chocolate kiss for a tropical twist.
- Pretzel Crunch: Crush some pretzels and roll the cookies in the crushed pretzel pieces, adding a salty and crunchy contrast to the sweet treat.
- Reese’s Pieces: Instead of chocolate kisses, press Reese’s Pieces candies into the center for a peanut butter lover’s dream.
- Mini Kisses: Use mini chocolate kisses for bite-sized cookies that are perfect for snacking.
- Fruity Flair: Add dried fruit pieces like cranberries, raisins, or chopped apricots to the cookie mixture for a fruity twist.
- Spice it Up: Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or even a dash of chili powder into the peanut butter mixture for a hint of spice.
More No Bake Cookie Recipes
- Nutella No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Cornflake Cookies
- Easy No Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Avalanche Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Place Rice Krispies Cereal in a large bowl and sit to the side. Unwrap Hershey Kisses and also sit to the side.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the light corn syrup and brown sugar. Continue to stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a full boil, turn down to low heat and continue to stir the mixture. Mix in the peanut butter and remove from heat. Continue to stir the mixture until peanut butter is mixed well.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and carefully mix well.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop out 1 tablespoon balls onto a cookie sheet lines with parchment paper.
- Place 1 Hersey Kiss in the middle of each of the balls. Push Hersey Kiss slightly down into each of the cookie ball, forming the cookie around the Hersey Kiss.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then enjoy!