These Oatmeal Rolo Cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with chocolate chips and chopped Rolo candy then drizzled with a caramel ganache.
Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are so good and simple to make! The sweet chocolate and salty caramel flavors are so delicious and make for a great after-dinner dessert. This is a cookie that will make an impact and have everyone coming around for seconds.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need a combination of light brown sugar and granulated sugar to add sweetness and a rich flavor.
Flour: I prefer to use all-purpose flour along with baking soda to allow the cookies to rise properly in the oven.
Rolled Oats: I like to use Old Fashioned whole rolled oats for these cookies.
Add-ins: To fill these cookies up, even more, I like to add in chocolate chips and chopped Rolo Candies. You can even add a drizzle of caramel sauce on top of the cookies as well.
How To Make Rolo Cookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9 x 13-inch cookie tray. In a mixing bowl, add the white and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Put in the softened butter and combine using an electric mixer. Put in the egg and vanilla and combine again. In another bowl, whisk to combine the salt, baking soda, oats, and flour. Gradually combine the ingredients until fully incorporated. Put in the Rolos and chocolate chips and combine again.
Step 2. Use a large cookie scoop to measure out 9 big dough balls and arrange them onto the prepared sheet pan about an inch apart. Use a flat-bottomed glass to flatten the dough balls slightly before placing them in the oven for 14-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure to check so they do not overbake. If you see that the cookies are expanding, use the back of a spoon right away to press them back down. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Step 3. Use caramel sauce to drizzle on top of the cookies for garnish and top with additional chocolate chips and Rolo candies if desired. Serve and enjoy!
What Can I Use Instead Of Rolos For These Oatmeal Cookies?
Rolo candies are perfect for these cookies, but you can substitute them with another type of chocolate candy. Other candy bars could be used like Snickers, Twix, etc…
How To Store Rolo Cookies?
Place the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep these at room temperature, but they will last longer in the fridge or freezer.
More Cookies Recipes:
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Oatmeal Rolo Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 13-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine white and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Add the soft butter to the bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter with the sugars until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to blend the ingredients together.
- Add the salt, baking soda, oats, and flour to a second bowl.
- Whisk until blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Add the quartered Rolo candy and chocolate chips.
- Stir to mix the candy in with the cookie mixture.
- Measure out 9 large dough balls using a large cookie scooper.
- Place each dough ball on the lined cookie sheet.
- Leave space between each dough ball.
- Slightly flatten the top of each dough ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes.
- Don’t overbake.
- If the cookies begin to expand, immediately use the back of a spoon to gently push them back in shape.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for 20 minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Once cooled, move to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle each cookie with caramel sauce.
- Leftover cookies can be kept on the counter for several days