The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossoms are my all time favorite cookie recipe for the Holidays and this recipe is the BEST! These peanut butter blossom cookies are so easy to make and turn out perfect every single time.
We are pretty much peanut butter fanatics and bake up all sorts of yummy recipes using peanut butter like our popular Peanut Butter Balls, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cups, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. You will definitely want to check those out as well.
Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms
You just can’t beat a peanut butter cookie with a Hershey’s kiss in the middle. The most delicious combo that everyone loves and a staple for any Christmas cookie tray. These delicious cookies are small, but they’re loaded with peanut butter flavor. The dough is a simple sugar cookie dough with the added addition of peanut butter.
This is a great Holiday cookie recipe that the kids will have fun making because it’s so easy. They love to roll the cookies into the sugar and press the chocolate kiss in the center. They also love the taste testing of course!
How to make Peanut Butter Blossoms?
Ingredients you will need:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Chocolate Kisses
Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
These cookies are always a favorite for Christmas so we like to package them up in festive Holiday cans as gifts. They are a guaranteed winner with everyone. They are also the first cookies to disappear from a cookie tray.
- The chocolate kisses will soften for the first hour or so after added to the cookie, but will harden back up.
- You can add different flavors of kisses to the cookie. I think Hershey makes a dark chocolate that would be delicious!
- Doubling this recipe wouldn’t be a bad idea since everyone will snatch theses up fast!
- You can use a stand mixer for this recipe, but it’s really not needed. A hand mixer will work just fine.
- Don’t forget to chill the dough. It keeps the cookie holding it’s shape and prevents spreading.
- Add the additional sugar is optional. The top photo above shows the cookie without the added sugar. We prefer these cookies rolled in the sugar, but like it both ways.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies?
Make sure to place the cookies side by side until the kisses have hardened back up to keep the appearance looking good.
How long do Peanut Butter Blossoms last?
I have found that these cookies will stay fresh for 7 days if stored in an air tight container.
How to Freeze Peanut Butter Blossoms?
I have never tried to freeze the already baked cookies, but you can definitely freeze the dough. Roll 2 balls of dough and then cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer. When ready to use, transfer the frozen dough to the fridge and thaw overnight. Then proceed to roll the 1 inch cookie balls and proceed with directions.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 40 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, softened butter and peanut butter using a hand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, just for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, beat until well mixed. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat on low until fully combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with a cookie mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the additional 1/2 cup granulated sugar to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Shape 1 1/2 Tablespoons of cookie dough into a 1 inch ball using your hands. Gently roll balls in the bowl of granulated sugar to coat on all sides. Place approximately 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet and bake 9-10 minutes, until lightly brown and tops of cookies look a bit cracked.
- Press a Hershey chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie, then remove to a cooling rack to continue cooling.