This simple 4-ingredient recipe is a perfect afternoon snack for the kids. Peanut Butter Cereal Balls are full of flavor with loads of marshmallows, peanut butter, honey and crunchy cereal.
Peanut Butter Cheerio Balls
If you’ve made popcorn balls in the past, these are similar. Here though, we’re adding honey and peanut butter, and instead of popcorn, we’re using Honey Nut Cheerios cereal. They’re sort of a mix between rice krispie treats and popcorn balls.
My kids love these and I love the fact that I can whip them up with just a handful of ingredients. Once they chill in the fridge for an hour, they’re ready to go.
Ingredients You Need:
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Peanut Butter
How To Make Peanut Butter Cereal Balls
- Melt the marshmallows with peanut butter and honey in a saucepan until it’s all melted together. Make sure to stir constantly so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add in the cereal, off the heat, and stir until it’s all coated.
- Scoop out Cheerio balls in a greased cup, roll them into a ball and let them chill in the fridge in a greased pan for an hour.
Some people like to make these into bars, like a rice krispie treat, and that works well, too.
Storing Cheerio Balls
You can store these at room temperature in an air tight container and they’ll last around 2-5 days, but they can start to lose their shape. You can keep them in the fridge if you’d like to keep the round shape better.
You can get creative with these and do a few add-ins to make them your own! Some fun ideas are:
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Caramel Drizzle
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Chopped Nuts
More Snacks Recipes
Peanut Butter Cereal Balls
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- Grease a large cookie sheet or cake pan. Set aside.
- Place marshmallows, peanut butter and honey in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. When the marshmallows completely melt, remove from heat.
- Mix in the Cheerios (or if the pan is too small, place mixture in a large bowl and add Cheerios.
- Completely coat the Cheerios in the honey-marshmallow mixture.
- Grease a 1 cup measuring cup and portion out the mixture. Roll each cup into a ball and place on the greased cookie sheet.
- Place in fridge and let set for 1 hour before serving.