Summertime has never looked so good with these Pina Colada Lush! A crumbly graham cracker crust with a sweet and creamy coconut cheesecake topped with pineapple filling, whipped cream, toasted coconut, and a cherry on top.
Pina Colada Dessert Recipe
As the warmer weather comes, you will need a delicious and refreshing treat to cool you down. These pina colada cheesecake bars are so tasty and simple to follow. Each layer only requires a few ingredients and adds a sweet, tangy, and slightly sour flavor.
This Pina Colada Dessert Lasagna has that delicious blend of pineapple and coconut that makes you feel like you’ve been whisked away to a tropical island. And it’s also perfect for summer gatherings.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Crust: You will need to combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter to make the crumbly crust.
- Cheesecake Filling: To make the filling smooth and creamy, you will need cream cheese, sugar, coconut milk, eggs, and sweetened shredded coconut.
- Pineapple Layer: I like to use pineapple gelatin, vanilla instant pudding, and pie filling mix to make a sweet and tangy filling.
- Topping: You can use some of my homemade whipped toppings with shredded coconut and maraschino cherries.
How To Make Pina Colada Lush
- Prepare the crust. Set the oven to 325 degrees. Add the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter into a medium bowl and combine. Grease a 9×13-inch baking and pour in the crust evenly. Place in the oven for 12 minutes until just golden. Take it out and place it aside.
- Prepare the filling. Add the cream cheese and sugar to a large bowl and combine using an electric mixer until fluffy. Pour in the coconut milk and eggs and combine again. Put in the shredded coconut and combine again. Add the mixture on top of the prepared crust and place in the oven for 45 minutes to bake. Take it out and allow it to cool thoroughly. Set in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Prepare the pineapple layer. Add the 2 packets of pineapple gelatin and boiling water into a small bowl and whisk to combine until dissolved. Put the dry pudding mixes and milk into a medium-sized bowl and combine using a whisk. Add the gelatin to the pudding mixture and combine using a whisk until fully incorporated. Add on top of the chilled cheesecake layer. Place in the fridge for an additional 5 minutes to chill.
- Prepare the toasted coconut. In a dry pan, add 1 cup of shredded coconut and cook on medium-low heat until lightly browned. Add whipped topping on top of the pineapple layer and sprinkle with toasted coconut and cherries. Place in the fridge for another 2 hours to chill before serving. Enjoy!
The Best Toppings For Pina Colada Lush?
I love topping this recipe with all sorts of delicious toppings. You can use fresh fruit like cherries or pineapple. I also love adding toasted coconut on top of homemade whipped cream.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t skip toasting the coconut – it really makes a different. You can always skip this part if you’re in a rush, but that extra step is worth it.
- Storing: Place leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Crust: Instead of graham crackers, you can use golden Oreos.
More Pina Colada Recipes:
- Pina Colada Pie (No-Bake)
- Pina Colada Cake
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Dump Cake
- Pina Colada Cookies – with Rum Glaze
Pina Colada Lush
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz. blocks cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sweetened shredded
- 2 3 oz boxes pineapple gelatin
- ⅓ cup water boiling
- 2 3.4 oz boxes vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- 1 cup coconut sweetened shredded, toasted
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers with sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Pour the crust mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake until just golden about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the fillings. In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Next, add in the coconut milk and eggs until well combined. Stir in the shredded coconut. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Place the pan in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Next, make the pineapple layer. In a small bowl, place the 2 packets of pineapple gelatin, and add the boiling water. Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until well combined. Whisk the pineapple gelatin into the vanilla pudding until completely combined. Pour over the chilled cheesecake layer. Chill again for 5 minutes.
- Make your toasted coconut by placing the 1 cup shredded coconut in a dry pan over medium-low heat stirring constantly until golden brown. Spread the whipped topping over the pineapple layer. Top with the toasted shredded coconut and cherries. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
4 comments on “Pina Colada Lush”
have a question is it can coconut milk or milk in a bottle
Hi Gloria. Any coconut milk will work fine.
Who doesn’t love a pina colada, right? This recipe looks delicious. I do have a question, could you or have you tried adding crushed pineapple to the pineapple layer?
Hi Peggy. Haven’t tried it but sounds great!