This is my favorite cake recipe ever, it’s a pina colada cake! I love that this recipe is so easy to make and requires only one bowl. It’s the perfect summer dessert for any occasion. Plus, who doesn’t love coconuts?
Pina Colada Cake
This Pina Colada Cake is so good and topped with a delicious Rum Frosting. The combination of ingredients makes this cake amazing. The cake is a blend of vanilla, cherry, and pineapple flavoring. You will also love our Strawberry Margarita Cake with Tequila Frosting or this Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake with Tequila.
- Cake Mix– You will need pineapple flavor.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Water– This will be added to the recipe.
- Canola Oil– Use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Milk– You will need unsweetened coconut milk.
- Cherries– You will need dried cherries.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– This will help with consistency.
- Evaporated Milk– This will also help with consistency.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Rum– This will be infused into the frosting.
- Coconut– You will need this toasted.
How to Make Pina Colada Cake
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam to grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and coconut into a large bowl and combine until smooth.
- Add in the diced cherries and combine.
- Place into the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean of batter.
To start, in a mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk and combine.
Next, add in the vanilla and rum and combine.
Add the frosting onto the cake using a spatula to spread evenly.
To finish, top with toasted coconut.
What Flavors are Pina Colada?
Pina colada is typically a pineapple and coconut combination. These flavors are associated with tropical drinks and desserts.
How to Store Pina Colada Cake?
You want to store this cake at room temperature. Keep it in an airtight container to make sure that it is not exposed to air. That will make it become stale faster and shorten the shelf live.
More Cake Recipes:
- Old Fashioned Whiskey Cake
- Bourbon Pecan Cake
- Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
- Baileys Irish Cream Cake
Pina Colada Cake
- Pineapple cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C water
- ⅓ C canola oil
- ½ C coconut milk
- 1 C diced cherries
- 1 C unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ C sweetened condensed milk
- ½ C evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp rum
- 1 C toasted coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and coconut until combined and smooth
- Fold in the diced cherries
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Add coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk to the mixing bowl.
- Blend with the mixer
- Add in the vanilla and rum.
- Blend well.
- Pour the frosting on the cooled cake.
- Using an offset spatula spread the frosting evenly on the cake.
- Sprinkle with toasted sweetened coconut