Delicious Pumpkin Streusel Pie
This Pumpkin Streusel Pie is a perfect pie to share with your friends and family. This is a great recipe to make for a special holiday or if your just craving an incredible pie, because we all love pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Streusel Pie
This Pumpkin Streusel Pie looks amazing and the presentation looks as great as the flavor. This recipe doesn’t have many complex ingredients, so you will be able to find them at your local grocery store. This recipe is very simple to follow along with. You will have a delightful, creamy and pumpkin flavored dessert ready to share with your loved ones. Be sure to write this recipe down for the books!
- Eggs- You will want to use eggs at room temperature.
- Can of Pumpkin Puree- Be sure to use the puree and not the pie filling.
- Evaporated milk- This will enhance the flavor of your pie and make it creamier.
- Sweetened condensed milk- This will help with the consistency of your batter.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- ginger– This will be additional spice for flavoring.
- cloves- This will add a wonderful aroma to your pie.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Flour- Use all- purpose flour for the best results.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Walnuts- You will want to have your walnuts chopped.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping
Set your oven to 435 degrees and put a pie dish onto a sheet.
Add the eggs into a large bowl and whisk well.
Mix in the pumpkin, evaporated milk and condensed milk, salt and spices and whisk until combined.
Add the mixture into the pie crust.
Place your pie in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then after that time, turn the oven down to 350 degrees. Then, bake your pie for an additional 50-60 minutes or until it is set around the edges and you can place a knife in the middle and comes out clean of batter.
Let your pie sit and cool at room temp before putting in the fridge.
Make the Walnut Streusel
Add all your streusel ingredients into a medium bowl and use your fingers to pinch until it forms a crumble.
Set the oven to 350 degrees
Take out the pie from the fridge and put on the sheet.
Sprinkle the streusel on top of the pie.
When the oven is ready, put your pie in and bake for 10 minutes.
Let your pie rest and cool before serving.
What Crust Should I Use with a Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie?
You want to use a traditional pie crust for this using pie dough. This pie will not work with a graham cracker crust. You can make your own pie dough crust or by one premade.
Do I Add the Streusel Topping Before Baking?
Yes, you will need to add the streusel to the pie before baking. You will prepare your pie, then place it in the fridge. Then, you will add the streusel on top before baking in the oven according to the directions.
More Pumpkin Pie Inspired Treats
- Pumpkin Pie Croissants with Maple Glaze
- Easy Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
Delicious Pumpkin Streusel Pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Walnut Streusel Ingredients
- ¼ C light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ C chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place the pie dish onto a cookie sheet
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the eggs until whisked
- Whisk in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, salt, and spices until combined
- Pour pie mixture into the pie crust
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350F and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until set around the edges and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing into the fridge
- Using a medium bowl and fingers, pinch together all streusel ingredients to create a crumble
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove pie from fridge and place onto cookie sheet
- Cover the top of the pie with the streusel
- When oven is preheated, place the pie into the oven for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool before cutting