These Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups are perfect for when you can’t decide between chicken alfredo and lasagna. It’s cheesy and delicious! I highly recommend this recipe for all pasta lovers.
Quick and Easy Lasagna Roll Ups with Chicken
I am always on the lookout for new and creative pasta recipes. Classic spaghetti and meatballs are amazing but it’s fun to switch it up and try new things. Who knew that lasagna would pair so well with chicken alfredo? It is truly a match made in heaven. I have picky kids but they love anything with cheese, so they will eat multiple roll-ups in one sitting!
This recipe is very similar to traditional lasagna. The only difference besides the ingredients is the construction. Instead of making layers, the filling is spread onto each noodle and rolled up. It makes it so easy to serve and gives you more control over how many you make or would need to make. I always ensure that we have leftovers so I can have some for lunch the next day. If you prefer ground beef instead of chicken or marinara instead of alfredo, try our Classic Lasagna Roll Ups.
What You’ll Need To Make These Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
Pasta, chicken, and LOTS of cheese are the key ingredients to the best lasagna rollups ever.
- Lasagna Noodles: You will cook your lasagna noodles al dente according to the package directions before processing with the rest of the recipe.
- Chicken: I find shredded chicken works best in this recipe as it incorporates very well into the cheese filling. To make this even easier I will pick up a rotisserie chicken from the deli.
- Cheeses: Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Alfredo Sauce: I use Rao’s alfredo sauce if I want to prepare this meal quickly. Otherwise, homemade alfredo sauce is totally worth the time and effort!
How to Make Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups
Here are all of the directions to help you make the most delicious chicken alfredo lasagna rollups. If you are using homemade alfredo sauce instead of jarred, make that before you start!
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by spreading ½ cup of alfredo sauce on the bottom.
- Step 3. Cook and drain the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Set them aside.
- Step 4. Mix chicken, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. On a large cutting board, lay out the noodles. Spread the chicken mixture over each of them evenly.
- Step 5. Carefully roll each of the noodles with the filling and place them in the baking dish seam side down.
- Step 6. Once all of the roll-ups are in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top. Spread it so it covers all of the lasagna noodles.
- Step 7. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Step 8. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Step 9. Allow it to cool slightly (about 5-10 minutes) and serve!
How to Store Leftovers
Any leftover lasagna roll-ups should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Tips and Tricks
- This is a perfect make-ahead meal! Assemble the roll-ups, cover with foil, and place the baking dish in the refrigerator. You can make it up to 24 hours before cooking. Add 15-20 minutes to the cooking time, and you’ll be ready.
- You can cook the chicken yourself or buy precooked chicken. An important measurement to remember is that 1 lb of raw chicken equals 10 oz of cooked chicken.
- Instead of ricotta, you can substitute cottage cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread, breadsticks, or even a simple Wedge Salad!
More Baked Pasta Recipes
- Honeycomb Pasta
- Meatball Pasta Bake
- Easy Pizza Pasta Bake
- Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- 6 lasagna noodles cooked
- 10 ounces chicken cooked
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spread ½ cup alfredo sauce over the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Lay out lasagna noodles on a large cutting board. Spread chicken and cheese mixture over noodles, evenly distributing between them.
- Roll up each lasagna noodle gently and place in the baking dish seam side down.
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce over rolled lasagna noodles and spread to cover all of the noodles.
- Sprinkle lasagna rollups with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately.