Kids will love what is hidden inside of these delicious pumpkin surprise treats. Such a fun and easy Halloween treat that takes minutes to make!
We love creating Halloween treat ideas for kids like our popular Halloween Spider Cookies, Halloween Snack Mix, and Frankenstein Cakesicles. We have taken lots of these to class parties at school and the kids go crazy over them! I know some schools will not let you bring in homemade treats anymore, but a lot still do. These are a big hit for any Halloween or Thanksgiving party.
Pumpkin Surprise Treats
Ingredients you will need…
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Fun Sized Candy Bars
- Green M&M’s
Traditional rice krispies treats are tinted orange then molded into round pumpkin shapes and then topped with Rolos and M&M’s. The best part is the hidden mini candy bar surprise that up place inside before shaping. Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. Also a fun edible craft the kids can create all by themselves!
Items you will need…
Here is the secret chocolate candy bar surprise!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large non stick pan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir. Once slightly melted begin adding as much food coloring till you get the desired color you’d like.
- Make sure to keep stirring. Once completely melted turn off the heat and add in the Rice Krispie cereal one cup at a time and stir after every cup. Stir and fold until everything is well mixed and coated. Let cool slightly.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment paper. Coat hands with cooking spray and grab chunks of the rice krispie and form into balls ( i made small, medium and large ones, large being slightly smaller than an apple.)
- Once the balls are formed, press down on the top and bottom of the ball to make a pumpkin shape. You can use a finger to make a dent where the pretzel rod goes or you can just push it in. Place them on the parchment paper.
- Place the pretzel into the middle of the top of the pumpkin. Using scissors, cut little leaf shapes out of the airheads (the corners worked best.) Cut along the long part of the airhead very thinly, roll out into a small rope. Wrap it around something thin like a skewer stick to make a twisty vine.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Microwave Directions – heat butter and mini marshmallows on high for 2 minutes in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and then heat for 1 more minute until smooth. Follow the next steps as listed.
Fun size candy options – Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Snickers, Twix (cut in half), Crunch, and Butterfinger.
You can make these without the miniature candy bars in the middle. We just think that adds an extra fun surprise that the kids absolutely love!
Watch how these are made…
You can also top these Pumpkin Surprise Treats using large pretzel sticks and green icing. Add them in paper cups to serve for parties.
Check out all of our other fun Halloween ideas HERE.