Kids will love what is hidden inside of these delicious pumpkin surprise treats. Such a fun and easy Halloween treat that takes minutes to make!
We love creating Halloween treat ideas for kids like our popular Halloween Spider Cookies, Halloween Snack Mix, and Frankenstein Cakesicles. We have taken lots of these to class parties at school and the kids go crazy over them! I know some schools will not let you bring in homemade treats anymore, but a lot still do. These are a big hit for any Halloween or Thanksgiving party.
Pumpkin Surprise Treats
Ingredients you will need…
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Fun Sized Candy Bars
- Green M&M’s
Traditional rice krispies treats are tinted orange then molded into round pumpkin shapes and then topped with Rolos and M&M’s. The best part is the hidden mini candy bar surprise that up place inside before shaping. Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. Also a fun edible craft the kids can create all by themselves!
Items you will need…
Here is the secret chocolate candy bar surprise!
Pumpkin Surprise Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- orange food coloring
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 12 mini candy bars (we used Milky Way)
- 12 Rolo's
- 24 green M&M's
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat or melt for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and then remove from heat. Add the orange food coloring to your desired color.
- Stir in the Rice Krispie Cereal until well coated.
- Spray 1/2 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and make 12 portions of cereal mixture placing on wax paper. Spray your hands with the cooking spray and flatten out the cereal portions. Place your candy bar in the middle and shape the cereal mixture around the candy bar.
- Press a Rolo on top and add two green M&M's on the sides (for leaves).
Microwave Directions – heat butter and mini marshmallows on high for 2 minutes in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and then heat for 1 more minute until smooth. Follow the next steps as listed.
Fun size candy options – Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Snickers, Twix (cut in half), Crunch, and Butterfinger.
You can make these without the miniature candy bars in the middle. We just think that adds an extra fun surprise that the kids absolutely love!
Watch how these are made…
You can also top these Pumpkin Surprise Treats using large pretzel sticks and green icing. Add them in paper cups to serve for parties.
Check out all of our other fun Halloween ideas HERE.