Wait until you taste this Raspberry Crumb Cake Recipe! A tender coffee cake is like gold and this one is amazing. The sweet coffee cake combines with the tart raspberries to create an incredible cake, that is then topped off with sweet glaze. The combination is perfection.
Raspberry Crumb Cake
This Raspberry Crumb Cake is so great! With a few steps to make the sweet filling and a nice glaze on top. This recipe is filled with many ingredients to make an incredible flavor. This is one of my favorite recipes to make whenever I have raspberries, as well as Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring and Lemon Raspberry Mini Cheesecake.
- Light Brown sugar- This will add richness to your cake.
- Ground cinnamon- This will add additional flavoring.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the cake to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Sour Cream- This will cut the richness of the cake in half.
- Buttermilk- You can use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Raspberries- Use fresh raspberries for the best flavor.
- Milk- Use whole or 2% milk in this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is best for homemade icing.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Cornmeal- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Eggs- These will need to be at room temperature.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Lemon Zest– Be sure to zest your lemon before juicing them.
How to Make Raspberry Crumb Cake
Add flour, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon into a large bowl and use a fork or fingers to combine into a crumbly mixture, then set aside.
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Use parchment paper to line a 9-inch springform pan and use pam to grease it.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Mix in the butter and sugar into a large bowl and combine until creamy and smooth.
Add in the eggs one at a time and mix in the vanilla until combined.
Slowly beat in the dry ingredients and buttermilk into the mixture, switching between each one while you add it in.
Put 1 1/2 cups of fresh raspberries in the batter and fold in.
Pour the finished batter into the prepared pan.
Add the rest of the raspberries on top.
Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until you place a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
Let it cool fully.
Put onto and serving tray when it’s done cooling.
Add all the glaze ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine until smooth.
Add on top of the cooled cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Make This with Strawberry Instead?
This Crumble cake is perfect the way that it is. I always recommend trying the recipe before switching any of the ingredients. However, you can decide to switch it out with strawberry and the results should come out good.
Does This Crumble Cake Need Refrigeration?
This recipe does not use any ingredients that would make this recipe spoil too fast. Placing in the fridge does help with a longer shelf life if sealed in an airtight container. But, this recipe can be placed at room temperature if needed.
More Raspberry Recipes
- No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Pie
- Peach and Raspberry Cheesecake
- Slow Cooker Raspberry Zinger Cake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Raspberry Crumb Cake
Raspberry Coffee Cake ingredients
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 large lemon zested
- 2 tbsp pure lemon juice
- 1 C powdered sugar
- Using a large bowl, combined the four, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon
- Using a fork or your fingers, work in the butter to create a crumbly mixture
- Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9in a springform pan with parchment paper and spray a pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and combined
- Beat in the eggs, and vanilla until combined
- Beat in the sour cream until combined
- Alternating between the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, gradually beat in the two ingredients until combined
- Fold in 1 1/2 C of the raspberries into the batter
- Scoop the batter into the springform pan
- Top the batter with an even layer of the crumble
- Sprinkle remaining raspberries on top of the crumble
- Place into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Place the cake onto the counter and allow it to cool completely
- Once cooled, place onto a serving tray
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until combined and smooth
- Drizzle the glaze onto the cake
- Serve and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Makes 1 9in a round cake