If you are a chocolate lover or need a recipe that will cure your aching need for a Reese’s, then you need to try this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie. This Reese’s Pie has a soft milk chocolate outer coating with a creamy peanut butter filling.
Each bite is like a taste of heaven on earth! It’s like a giant Reese’s peanut butter cup, but even better!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This recipe is not only delicious, but you only need five ingredients to make it! And, the best part about this recipe is its no-bake! All you need to do is whip up the recipe by following the simple steps and chill it in the fridge for just 1 hour.
You can have this made and ready to eat in no time! It’s so easy to make that you will want to make a few at a time. This Reese’s Pie is so addicting that your whole family is sure to devour it in just a few days.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Milk Chocolate Chips: Use this along with the vegetable shortening to make the smooth chocolate topping.
Peanut Butter: I like to use creamy peanut butter, but crunchy would work as well.
How To Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Step 1. Add 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of vegetable shortening into a small glass heat-safe bowl. Place into the microwave to melt in 30-second increments. Make sure to mix between each interval until fully melted. Add into a 10-inch tart pan and coat the entire base and sides of the pan. Place into the fridge to set.
Step 2. Add the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and softened butter into a large bowl and combine until smooth. Put the mixture into the prepared chococlate-coated pan and spread it out evenly. Add the rest of the chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of shortening into a bowl and melt like before.
Step 3. Pour on top of the peanut butter filling and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Make sure the chocolate covers the entire surface of the peanut butter mixture. Place Reese’s pie into the fridge to chill for approximately 1 hour. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Best Way To Decorate This Reese’s Pie?
You can use a variety of things to decorate this pie to make it pop. I like to add things like sprinkles or nonpareils to add color. You can also add bits of candy, chococlate chips, or shavings on top, or serve with fresh whipped cream. Things like caramel sauce or chocolate sauce are good options to drizzle on top.
How To Store Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie?
Place the leftover Reese’s Pie in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep this recipe at room temperature. However, to make it last as long as possible, I like to store it in the fridge or freezer.
Tips & Tricks
- Use dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate for a different flavor.
- You can use crunchy peanut butter to add more texture or add crushed peanuts or rice Krispie’s cereal to the chocolate for more texture.
- You can make mini versions of these by using a muffin or cupcake tin.
More Reese’s Recipes:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Trees
- Reese’s Cookie Bars (5 ingredients)
- Loaded Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips divided
- 2 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter creamy
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 8 Tbsp butter softened
- In a small glass bowl, add 2 cups chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of shortening.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a 10-inch tart pan coating the entire bottom and sides of pan. Refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and softened butter and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the tart pan and evenly smooth the top.
- Melt remaining chocolate and 1 Tbsp of shortening. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter. Spread out the chocolate making sure it covers the entire surface and the top is completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
4 comments on “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie”
Love it, can’t wait to see more recipes.
Sounds great…Not sorry!
How do you get it out of the pan without it breaking?
Glenda, the best way is to use a non-stick tart pan with a removable bottom.