When you want a simple Easter dessert, Easter Cookie Bars is a great option. These vanilla flavored cookie bars are packed with Easter M&Ms and are simple to make. These blondies are a great alternative to traditional brownies.
You will also want to check out our popular chocolate chip cookie bar recipe – it’s so easy and delicious!
Easter Cookie Bars
Sometimes, you want a dessert that isn’t chocolate. These Easter Cookie Bars are just like brownies but with a rich vanilla flavor. These blondies are similar to cookie bars and are an easy fast dessert.
- Butter – I always recommend using unsalted butter, even when you are adding salt to the recipe. When you use unsalted butter you can control the salt content in the recipe.
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- M&Ms – I am using Easter colored M&Ms to add a festive flare to the bars. You can use whatever M&Ms you like.
How to Make Easter Cookie Bars
Preheat the oven and prepare the baking sheet or glass pan.
Using a fork, beat the butter and brown sugar together.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix it well.
Next, add the salt and baking powder.
Stir in the flour slowly.
Fold in 1 Cup of M&Ms and spread the blondie batter into the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the homemade blondies for 20-22 minutes until the center of the dough is done.
Remove it from the oven and then sprinkle with the remaining M&Ms.
Press them into the blondies.
Let them cool completely before cutting.
What’s the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
The main difference between a brownie and a blondie is the chocolate flavor. Brownies are made with cocoa powder while blondies have a strong vanilla taste.
Should You Refrigerate Leftover Easter Cookie Bars?
When you have leftover cookie bars, you can store them at room temperature. You want to make sure they are in an airtight container. You cna freeze the leftovers blondies if you will not finish them before they get stale.
Other Easter Desserts You Will Love
Chocolate Chip Cadbury Egg Bars
Easter Cookie Bars
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 ½ cup M&Ms divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet or glass pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- With a fork, beat butter and brown sugar until mixed well.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Next, add in salt and baking powder.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- Fold in 1 Cup of M&Ms and spread batter on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until center dough is done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining M&Ms (press them into the cookie)
- Let cookie bars cool completely before cutting.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.