Pumpkin and caramel make such a wonderful combination and these Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cupcakes are amazing. Moist and delicious, you are going to love how easy these cupcakes are to make. These are going to become a go to cupcake recipe for fall.
Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cupcakes
The pumpkin and caramel in these cupcakes make an amazing combination. When you add the saltiness over the top, and these become an exceptional flavor combination. These cupcakes are homemade absolutely amazing.
- Flour- use all purpose flour is best to use but self rising flour will work also.
- Cornstarch- This will combat the harsh proteins in the flour and make a more tender cupcake.
- Baking powder- This will help with the rising of your batter.
- Baking soda- This will allow your ingredients to double.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the the cupcake.
- Ground cinnamon, Ground cloves and Ground nutmeg- These are the best spices to go with pumpkin.
- Canola oil- You can use Canola oil or vegetable oil.
- Light brown sugar- This will add flavor and moisture to your cupcakes.
- Sugar- All good desserts need sugar.
- Eggs- Use best temperature eggs for the best results.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Pumpkin puree- Be sure to use the puree and not the pie filling.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2%
- Cream cheese- Best to use softened or at room temperature.
- Butter- Make sure the butter is unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This will be used in your frosting.
- Salted caramel sauce- This will be the drizzle that will garnish your cupcake.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be folded into the frosting to make it thick and creamy.
How to Make Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cupcakes
You will use cupcake liners to line your pan and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and the cloves into a large mixing bowl.
Beat together the oil, brown sugar and sugar in another large bowl until well combined.
Add in the eggs and vanilla.
Slowly pour in the pumpkin puree.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan liners until its about ¾ way full.
For 21 minutes, bake your ingredients in the oven or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
Beat together the cream cheese, butter, 2 tbsp salted caramel, powdered sugar, and heavy whipping cream in a standing mixer until creamy and stiff with peaks.
Add ingredients to piping bad and frost the cupcakes.
Add about 1/2 of the caramel sauce to a squeeze bottle and drizzle on the top of the frosting.
Doesn’t Salt Make These Cupcakes No Longer Sweet?
Salt actually brings out the flavor in baked goods. A bit of salt makes everything taste sweeter and it is is a great combination.
Can I Make This a Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cake Instead?
If you want to make this a salted caramel pumpkin cake instead of cupcakes it is easy to do. Simply switch to a 9*13 inch cake pan. The cook time will change slightly. It takes about 30 to 35 minutes in a cake pan.
More Salted Caramel Recipes
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Rolo Stuffed Salted Caramel Cookies
- Salted Caramel Bars with Pecans
- Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Apple Butter
Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ C flour
- ¼ C cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ C canola oil
- ⅔ C light brown sugar packed
- ⅔ C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- ⅓ C whole milk
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 - 8 oz box cream cheese softened
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- ½ C salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and the cloves
- Using another large bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, and sugar until combined
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until
- Gradually beat in the pumpkin puree
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners about ¾ way full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, 2 tbsp salted caramel, powdered sugar, and heavy whipping cream
- Continue beating until creamy and stiff with peaks
- Scoop frosting into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Pour the ½ C of caramel sauce into the squeeze bottle
- Drizzle over the frosting
- 1 squeeze bottle
- 1 large piping bag with star tip