I’m so excited to share these Nutter Butter Leprechaun Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day! This is one of my most favorite holidays because it means Spring is finally here. We usually celebrate with the kids with lots of fun treats and snacks and this one is going to be a perfect addition.
These easy cookies are ones that you can decorate with the kids. We find it easiest when we have everything set up in stations kind of like an assembly line. The hardest part is getting everything set up and prepared. After that its just having fun decorating the cookies. The kids really like taking part in the decorating and feel so accomplished with their creation! They will go crazy over these adorable Nutter Butter Leprechaun Cookies and they are so fun to make!
Nutter Butter Leprechaun Cookies
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Small edible eyes
- Orange candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Black candy melts
- Shamrock shaped sprinkles
- Disposable piping bag
- Coconut oil
How To Make:
- Melt the chocolate candy melts on the stove or in the microwave.
- Dip the cookie on one side into the orange and the green for the other side.
- Pipe on the black, then add on the candy decorations.
- Let harden for 30 minutes before serving.
More Fun St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Nutter Butter Leprechaun Cookies
- 1 package of Nutter Butters
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 package of orange candy melts
- 1 package of green candy melts
- 1 package of black candy melts
- 1 bag of shamrock shaped sprinkles
- 3 disposable piping bag
- coconut oil
- Using a double boiler, melt the orange candy melt
- Once the orange candy melt starts to melt, add in about 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil and mix until smooth
- Once melted, take a Nutter Butter and dip one side of the cookie into the candy melt.
- Carefully shake the Nutter Butter to get rid of excess chocolate
- Carefully turn the Nutter Butter so that you can dip the other side of the Nutter Butter.
- Once the sides are dipped, carefully dip the bottom of the cookie into the orange chocolate to create the beard of the leprechaun
- Carefully shake the Nutter Butter so that you can get rid of the excess candy melt
- Place Nutter Butter onto the cookie sheet and repeat steps with remaining Nutter Butters
- Let the orange candy melt completely dry on the Nutter Butter before doing the hat
- Scoop some of the orange candy melt into a piping bag and set aside
- While the Nutter Butter are drying, melt the green candy melts
- Add in 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil into the green candy melt to thin it out.
- Once the Nutter Butters are hardened, dip the other end into the green candy melt to create the hat
- Lightly shake the Nutter Butter to get rid of the excess candy melt
- Scoop some green candy melt into a piping bag and set aside
- Add a small dollop of candy melt onto the back of the edible eyes to act as glue
- Place the eyes onto the Nutter Butter
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt a few of the black candy melts in intervals of 30-45 seconds until completely melted
- Mix in 1 tbsp of coconut oil to help thin out the candy melt
- Scoop into a piping bag and set aside
- Cut the tip off the green piping bag and pipe a line on the bottom of the green part of the Nutter Butter
- Cut the tip off the black piping bag and pipe a line next to the green line
- Add a small dot of black candy melt onto the back of the shamrock sprinkle and place in the top right corner of the hat
- Cut a small tip off the orange candy melt piping bag and pipe on swirls onto the beard on the Nutter Butters
- Let all the finishing touches harden, about 30 minutes before enjoying!