7 Reasons Sisters Are the Best Ever
If you’re fortunate enough to have a sister, you know that the bond between you is so strong, almost nothing can break it. Let’s look at all the amazing ways that having a sister you’re close to will change your life for the better.
Just an idea, but before we go any further, why not do something nice for your favorite sibling? Maybe make her a sweet treat like an Orange Creamsicle Pie or a batch of sweet Citrus Blossom Cookies. She’ll love that you thought of her!
7 Reasons Sisters Are the Best
1. They help each other dial back the crazy. They are a sounding board and a trusted advisor for one another. Having someone to support and encourage you on the regular is as good as a big dose of medicine sometimes.
A study at Brigham Young University in Utah found that “sisters seemed to help siblings avoid negative emotions. Those adolescents with sisters were less likely than those without sisters to indicate feeling lonely, unloved, guilty, self-conscious and fearful. It didn’t matter whether the sister was younger or older, or how far apart the siblings were age-wise.”
2. Sisters help reduce the likelihood of divorce. Okay, so we all know having a sister doesn’t take divorce out of the picture for us. If only. But, it’s interesting to learn that for every sibling a person has, their chance of divorce drops by 2%.
Apparently, all that quality work sisters do (known as fighting) makes us better at working out our differences with a spouse.
3. Sisters help each other be better communicators. Makes sense seeing as how sisters tell each other absolutely everything. Those late night sisterly talks about all the things that are important in life prepare women to be more open with their life partners later on.
4. They are second moms. When they each have kids, the other steps in and becomes a default bonus mom for her sister’s children. She is there when they are sick, or for their celebrations, and she’s right there for all mundane things like learning to ride a bike or tie shoes. Speaking of aunts, read all the reasons we think being an aunt is so wonderful.
5. Sisters are low-key gangsters. Anyone who messes with one sister will feel the wrath of the other. Being in that line of fire is not a place anyone should ever want to be.
6. Sisters fight. Sisters make up. The content of the fight will be forgotten by the time they are eating cheesecake and laughing. Who else can say that?
7. Sisters show up. Whether it’s 3 AM or in the middle of the workday, sisters will always answer the phone. They never have to face sadness or fear alone when they have each other.
What’s the one thing that makes your sister so awesome?
Brag about her in the comments and then for sure share with her so she can read all the good things you have to say “behind her back.”