Orange Bread with a fresh orange glaze on top is your new favorite breakfast bread. It’s simple to make and tastes yummy.
Not only do I like to make breads for my family, but this is a great treat to take over to a friend who has maybe just had a new baby or grieving. It’s good for a new neighbor gift, too.
You may want to consider making two batches of this while you’re at it because it goes really fast!
How To Make It
First, you’ll whisk together your wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls, minus the coconut oil. Then, combine the two bowls together and lastly add in your coconut oil.
Quick Tip: Be sure to always use real vanilla and not the imitation version. It’s easy to spot, just look for the word ‘pure’ on the bottle.
The yummy glaze on top is a simple combination of powdered sugar, fresh squeezed orange juice and orange zest. Pour it over your bread after it has slightly cooled and enjoy!
Serving this warm is the very best way to eat it, but it tastes great the next day, too.
Below is the printable recipe.
Orange bread ingredients:
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest and vanilla until combined
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth
- Whisk in the coconut oil until combined
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Remove the loaf from the pan and place onto a wire rack
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest until combined
- Pour the glaze over the bread and allow to harden for a few minutes before cutting slices and enjoying!